Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we've decided to sell our sidecar rig - it's a 1994 GL1500SE with a California Sidecar Friendship I hack - we have an idea of what we'd like to get for it. I've looked for 1994 GL1500SEs online, but there doesn't seem to be any for sale right now. KBB says that a dealer would ask about $5150 for one in good condition so we used that as a basis for setting our price. Then we get an email from a random guy who says the bike is only worth $1500 or so - are we way overpriced or is this guy just in the habit of low-balling listings?

·
Administrator
58,730 Posts
he is low balling you, but a LOT depends on the condition of your bike.

the bike is worth what someone will pay for it...
today's economy has been very harsh on motorcycles, even the new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
KBB shows $5150 as listing price and that is without the side car,. We know that KBB is just an estimate and most of the time not a reality. I have seen several 1500's here in Ca older than yours without the side car listed for $4000 and up. Depends on how bad and how fast you want to sell it. I wouldn't go less than $4500.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
In order to get maximum price for your bike you need at least 2 buyers with disposable income that really want your bike. 1 guy that kinda wants it priced accordingly.
gumbyred

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone - our feeling is that if nobody wants it then it will remain in the garage. All it costs us is registration and insurance - I've been running it every so often and I might take a solo ride around the block once in a while just to keep things exercised. If it doesn't sell and my wife feels she might want to try getting in and out after her hip replacements I might look into modifying the sidecar to make it easier for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts