Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda GL 1800
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am need to remove the seat on my Honda GL1800. But the only thing that I have a problem is, How to disconnect the cable? I know there is a plug on it but the only thing I am not sure about is where is the clip to disconnect the plug. So could some one help me out on this please?

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
Look around the connector, there is a square ended tab on 1 side you press to release it.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
528 Posts
Even after to push the clip, it may be a little hard to pull it apart. Be patient and have someone hold the seat up for you. DON'T PULL ON THE WIRES

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
One thing that helped me. I too had a hard time with the connectors as well as the short length of the harness on my 07. I also felt that the heated seat although worked, never quite heated up enough. So I bought the heat amplifier from Electrical Connection. This helped make the seat feel warmer, it added an extension that made it easier the disconnect the wiring. It is still tight but now easier to work with.

·
Registered
Honda GL 1800
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing that helped me. I too had a hard time with the connectors as well as the short length of the harness on my 07. I also felt that the heated seat although worked, never quite heated up enough. So I bought the heat amplifier from Electrical Connection. This helped make the seat feel warmer, it added an extension that made it easier the disconnect the wiring. It is still tight but now easier to work with.

Look around the connector, there is a square ended tab on 1 side you press to release it.
Hello Just to let you know that I had managed to disconnect the seat from the bike. Thank you for your advice.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,143 Posts
I would get that, IF,
I had the controls to work with my heated seat

but, I never ride in temps below about 60 degrees anyway

well, called my son to ask if he wanted it, because he rides in cold weather, and the bike will be his one of these days when my knees get to where they can't hold it up...

so, I bought it.

·
Administrator
26,529 Posts
The wiring to my seat is plenty long enough. I can lift the seat and turn it on it's side to disconnect the wiring. Been a while but I seem to remember others being the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Seems like Honda is always putting short wires on most of their connectors. The tails are a good example of that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts