Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help it seems the "HOW TO" articals are not working anymore. I have a very strange sound coming from the rear drive, does not sound like metel on metel. Any suggestions on what it can be... Do I first change the drive oil and see if it goes away or do I take the rear wheel off and check it out that way (there are no signs of an oil leak anywhere on the drive).... Can someone also please send me a full 'how to' on removing the back wheel..... Thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
You're right, goldwingdocs.com is down this morning. Hope it back up soon, I use that site a lot!!

What year is your 1100? There are slightly differing instructions depending on the year.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You will find the how to list in the Ref and Facts section.
Check the brakes while there. Have you put Moly 60 Paste on the splines?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
Is your bike stock? If there is any alteration, chances are a play by play "how to" won't work for you anyway.

Taking the rear of the bike apart is pretty easy, and you should be able to just get down on the ground and see how it's done.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will find the how to list in the Ref and Facts section.
Check the brakes while there. Have you put Moly 60 Paste on the splines?
Sorry guys its a stock 1981 GL1100 I. Have checked the breaks took the caliper off and the noise is coming from the drive. Have not put any Moly 60 Paste on yet. Looks like I will have to remove the wheel clean and re paste the splines, O yes did check the drive oil and all seems fine on that side of it.....

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Few more questions.... 1) The Honda Moly 60 Paste what are the other makes that can be used.... 2) What grease is recommended for the Drive Shaft or can Moly 60 also be used.... 3) What grease is used on the axil or can Moly 60 also be used on it……

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.