Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok aside from the obvious of having the bike vertical and the switch in the correct position is there a trick to "reset" the tilt switch? After weeks of looking and investigating and the fantastic help from this site I have traced my trouble to the tilt switch. I jumped the green and red wires together to complete the #4 relay ground and now the bike is spraking. Should the tilt switch reset on its own. Yes I am still going to replace to be certain but am curious if there is a trick.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

If the bank angel sensor kills the bike, to reset it, all you have to do is to turn the ignition off then back on.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I have to ask, the bank angle switch, what exactly is it's purpose besides shutting the bike off in a spill. Can it, or is it possible that the switch can shut it off in a really hard turn, or is that just stupid.:baffled:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

The bank angle switch has a small pendulum that keeps it pointing to the bottom of the bike's frame in turns. The G forces are what does that.

If the bike is stopped, the pendulum falls off of the "center" position and breaks the ignition circuit.

It works, but don't ask me how I know :)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's also some viscous silicon fluid that damps the operation of the pendulum switch. Normally clearing or resetting the switch is done by turning the key off and then back on. If that doesn't do the job it's most likely the switch is defective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.