1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well he can handle a wing thats for sure

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

I believe the key is shifting of body weight.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

The 1800 seems a lot more ballanced than my 1200. I think i might be a little scared to do that on my bike. If for nothing else than dragging the chrome off the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I used to think I was just scraping the metal plate on the underside of the drivers' pegs until I pulled the case guards off this summer to do some work.:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Someone else was hanging in there with him in order to film him.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

This is just a correction of a double post. Seems I'm getting bad at doing that. Must be an old man thing. :action:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I scrape my GL-1200 all the time. Moreso on the GL than on the Trophy. (more clearance). I've taken a few riding courses, and try to balance leisurely riding with some fun and spirited rides.

I'd love to meet YellowWolf in person some time. Just with the intent to shake his hand.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Somewhere on youtube,,,,,, they show how there is a hole worn through the saddle bag. I think it was last year that I saw it, and think it is the same rider.

No doubt about it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, those fellas can feel the bike.

·
Premium Member
63,048 Posts
imported post

You have to give some credit to the camera man.. He's hanging in there pretty good also..........

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
imported post

Yep, the camera jockey is just as good.

Both my gl1200 and my gl1500 learned to ignore the sound of sparks flying in tight corners :D

I put 'er over there as far as she will go.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

I scraped the peg on my bike once...that'll never intentionally happen again. I ain't that good! :shock:

DeDub :18white:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Was at a 'Bikin' Movie Night' a few weeks ago at a friend's house and one of the guys that showed up said that it's now a federal offense to speed on the Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway. End up with a criminal record. Anyone heard if that is true? If so, I don't think I'll be riding those roads anytime soon. What's the speed limit in the Parkway now? 40 or 45?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Was at a 'Bikin' Movie Night' a few weeks ago at a friend's house and one of the guys that showed up said that it's now a federal offense to speed on the Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway. End up with a criminal record. Anyone heard if that is true? If so, I don't think I'll be riding those roads anytime soon. What's the speed limit in the Parkway now? 40 or 45?
Federal Offense...for a traffic violation??? Doubt it very much!

DeDub

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

The Dragon is not a part of BRP or federal highway system. It is US129, but state law still governs it NC for part and TN for the other. NC is pretty cool, but Blount Co., TN can be real jerks so I here.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Gee, Sean ...... I wonder who that poor fella is, sitting in the back of the cruiser at Deals Gap ???

Nice one!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Speed Limit on BR Parkway is 45. (most places...unless it's Foggy :D)

Wasit just me....or was anybody else watching this video "leaning" in their chairs with those guys ? :shock::action:

Wonder how many rides that camera man gets to a set of footpegs ? :baffled:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.