Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moby has a set of lights similar to these...

50 watts per, times two lights. 100 watts.

Superbrightleds has led direct plugin replacements that pull only 5 watts each, savin 90 watts.

Rated at 390 lumens each, and a choice of colors and spread patterns, its a fair deal at $40 for both. I cannot say for sure, but my guess is they will be comparable in output. How usable the light is by the Dick on the bike remains to be seen. But they will indeed be good for BEING SEEN.

I also am replacing the h4's in the cornering lights with high output leds, so that will put close to 200 watts back into my system.

soon, I will convert many of the incandescants to leds and save even more. The two I mention above will have set me back only $50. Not bad bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Keep track of the items you buy and links to get them and keep us posted how you like them when installed.

Half the time these sites don't link correct to the item, only to a general page, then can't never find what we are looking for sure without the item or model number.

Being in major deer country and riding allot at night like I often do I need great lights to see in the dark and side of the road well.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I have a pair of those on my 1100I with superbright led's that I added which do plug right in, they make nice daytime driving lamps.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
Moby, could you tell Dick to post a pic of how those lights are mounted to your fairing? Please!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Moby, could you tell Dick to post a pic of how those lights are mounted to your fairing? Please!
I'LL SECOND THAT

ALSO ask ''DICK'' how warm/hot they get not moving.
(Wonder if his real name is Richard?)

ALSO curious...
"IF" you're saving that many watts WHAT IF one installed 10 sets of these?

Will that much LED light turn into a LASER and melt them slow drivers ahead of you?
:?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mounts on the lamps above are different than mine, hence the use of the word similar.

Here's what mine look like... (you will note, that dick hasnt taken the time to polish me up yet, after the inaugural run)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Since their website says they are not weatherproof, please let us know how "weatherproof" they appear, and how they do in the real world.

Thanks

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
these will go inside the housing, should eliminate the weather concerns...

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Just a heads up regarding the leds folks, that fit the bullet type driving lights, I have tried them and they can cause interference, on the radio and cb. they did on my aspy, and nothing I tried, would stop the static.

A friend who rides a 1500 had the same problem, and it just couldn't be resolved, both of us reluctantly, went back to conventional bulbs, the leds throw a great light in the daylight.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a heads up regarding the leds folks, that fit the bullet type driving lights, I have tried them and they can cause interference, on the radio and cb. they did on my aspy, and nothing I tried, would stop the static.

A friend who rides a 1500 had the same problem, and it just couldn't be resolved, both of us reluctantly, went back to conventional bulbs, the leds throw a great light in the daylight.
Some of those m16 lamps have fans for cooling. That might be the issue...

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,341 Posts
I couldn't make out that pic, so I took the liberty.
Hope you don't mind, Moby. It lets everyone see the spots on your chrome. Sad evidence that Dick isn't keeping you clean enough.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
Thanks Moby. You too Bike for the pic.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I couldn't make out that pic, so I took the liberty.
Hope you don't mind, Moby. It lets everyone see the spots on your chrome. Sad evidence that Dick isn't keeping you clean enough.
Well, Bike, Dick has a fragile nature... If we expose too many of his failings, he may have to go back to therapy. I know you meant well, though, Bike.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To both Moby, and Dick. I meant no harm.
I just talked to Dick (sounds bad, huh?) and he didnt take it that way. Now, you if had commented on his face, and perhaps asked if it was a cotton picking machine accident that caused it, he might have crumpled up like a pair of wet shorts and cried.

What a crazy Dick.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Ordered the bulbs, but they were too tall for my lamp.

=(

My bulbs are 2 inches tall.

Attachments

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ordered the bulbs, but they were too tall for my lamp.

=(

My bulbs are 2 inches tall.
Those arent the ones I ordered... Mine are dead ringers for the original... bummer. I measured...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.