Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just bought a 81 Interstate & was wondering how you all talk to other riders riding in a group. My CBdoes not work, but if that is the easiest way to talk what is a replacement CB that is cheap.Where do you mount it & how do you keep water away from it?

My radio also does not work, but I do not think I'll miss it.

Don

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Pretty much CB.

Can't help with the solution but others should be sliding by who can.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

I do not have a cb either. We usually work out a system before we hit the road such as a horn honk or even pulling up next to someone if you need gas and pointing to the gas tank, or having set stops before you hit the road.It's pretty easy. All of the riders you are with will or should be looking out for each other any way. Communication is usually a breeze unless you want to carry on a conversation without a cb then you are on your own. No pun intended.:dude:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i have been riding with a group of friends for about 3 years, we use the common hand signs to indicate a rest stop, failure, drink or food stops, bathroom and so on.. i wish we akk had CB radios to chit chat while riding, would be rly fun.. but not all of us can afford a CB that is waterproof and handlebar mounted.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

weldvair wrote:
I just bought a 81 Interstate & was wondering how you all talk to other riders riding in a group. My CBdoes not work, but if that is the easiest way to talk what is a replacement CB that is cheap.Where do you mount it & how do you keep water away from it? My radio also does not work, but I do not think I'll miss it. Don
check with sierra mc electronics they repair those cbs also there's a thread on biker dictionary check it out has hand signals and meanings:action::waving:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

I'm with William and that Bodacious Babe he is hanging onto.

I ride with groups quite frequently and hand signals work well.

Pointing and yelling sometimes work great too.

But sometimes the above is followed by more hand signals like the one fingered bird. grin.

I too have a CB but it sucks here in Yankee land.

I have a friend that has his headset set up for his blue tooth phone and he is always talking to somebody on it and grinning.

Again we give him the bird hand signal.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Hand signals tend to eliminate those nagging bucket mouths as well.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
imported post

2POCKETS wrote:
i agree with everyone. basic hand signals. the bird is universal.
Ditto

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I tend to ride alone with my wife behind me. Just being selfish I guess. Sorry not much help.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

We use the moto comm rider link for our talking on bike and I have a handheld cobra that pluginto it and can talk through our intercom. Jluvstodive told me about it and we have been very happy with it since we bought it last year.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

You will never know what you will see down here!! Just need enough string:action:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
You will never know what you will see down here!! Just need enough string:action:
I'll make sure and keep a safe distance so I don't get closelined:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.