Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1996 GL 1500 aspin k when you start to take off it wants to stumble have to rev it up to get going but other than that it runs great. any ideas? I have already changed fuel filter,cked fuel cap vent and vent line.all ok.could the carbs be out of sync?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

could be .when was the last time it was done ?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it to me.

You KNOW Mothern Honda says the maintenance interval for Carb sync is every 8,000 miles, right?

Depending on how out-of-sync, you've got part of the engine producing slightly less power than the other at other-than-idle as well.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

:waving:then ride on down and i`ll put the gages on. all ways nice to meet new people.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

well that is mighty nice of you to offer,but that would be alot of trouble for you to do that.I think im going to order some gauges and try to do it.and see what happens.lol

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

roger on the do it yourself . dont for get to get a long common screw driver . about 18 in. long. the longer , the better.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

humm, mine does that if I don't warm it up for a minute or two, aslong as I warm it up it is fine.
I was just gonna try a little seafoam in a tank or 2.
Because I still have to half choke it and it's summer now.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

I tried sea foam did'nt notice any difference.But I did add add marvel mystery oil I have noticed a difference in idle and performance but it still is stumble's on take off. I'm getting more convinced that it is a sync. problem

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If the carbs are out of sync enough to cause the engine to stumble you'd hear knocking when it idles. Out of balance carbs make a lot of knocking noise on these engines at idle and even worse when you start out in first gear. It will make a sound like a rod bearing is completely shot. I think you might have a bad accelerator pump, or sticking CV slides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.