Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

How can you tell if it has been upgraded to the newer assembly or not?

I'm gonna replace the bulbs and was wondering whats the difference?

Is the silverstar ultra bulb still the way to go?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,005 Posts
imported post

I have no idea what you are asking but this will bump it back to the top.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

[align=right]Price:

$7.00 [/align]

Item: P6260HD
Details:
This is a GL1500 replacement headlight bulb. This 60/55 Watt H4 Halogen bulb is designed to be a direct replacement for either the left or right high/low beam bulbs found on all Goldwing 1500's from 1988-2000. Please note,if you are replacing the bulbs on a 1998-2000 bike or on a bike with the 1998-2000 style headlight, you will need the headlight shims (EC2510 ) sold on this page for them to fit properly. These bulbs will fit the 1988-1997 style headlight without any modification.These bulbs provide better illumination than the stock 45/45 Watt bulbs without any damage to the bikes headlight housing or wiring. Always be sure to clean the glass surface of any halogen bulb with alcohol before installing it to prevent premature burnout from the dirt or oil on your hands.

The Please note, is what I was refering to.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

[align=right]Price:

$345.00 [/align]

Item: H-1089 Honda
Details:
This is a set of 1998-2000 style headlight and turn signals. They come complete with all bulbs and harnesses to convert your old style (1988-1997) style headlight and turn signals to the new brighter style. Update the look of your older Wing or replace the damaged lights on your new style bike. These will fit all Goldwing 1500's from 1988-2000 and just plug in to the existing factory wiring harness.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I have the 'older' style headlight assembly and wouldn't know how to tell what the diference is, without a side by side comparisson.

Having said that and looking at your bike in your avatar, I doubt that it has the 'updated' version. You would find out I guess when you go to install the new bulbs.

The Silverstar Ultras are supposedly 'the ticket', but I seem to remember there is a certain model # that is more suited for motorcycles as they are built to withstandmore vibration, common to motorcycles. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find the exactmodel number.

Dusty

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,964 Posts
imported post

Glass is the difference.

The older style has beam controlling facets in the glass.

Newer has facets in the reflector.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:

[align=right]

[/align]

The headlight in your avatar is the old type kyboy67. The headlight lens on the old typeis glass and the two sidelights are plastic. The newer type has an all plastic one piece lens, like in the picture above.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Hey thanks guys,
I stopped and got a price for a bulb @ mother honda today,well lets just say I will be calling Gary & Betty @ Cyclemax tomorrow.....

·
Administrator
27,005 Posts
imported post

You can use standard H4 automotive bulbs in your wing. The motorcycle specific bulbs are for standard bikes (and Harleys) that have the headlight mounted to the forks and is subject to a lot of vibration. The fairing mounted headlights have no more vibration than a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.