1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not sure how long the bike has been setting. While you have the fairing off and it has been setting for some time(1+ yrs) you might want to clean the carbs. Also, change out the fuel lines and the fuel filter. You can get one at any auto parts store for about $3-5 that will work.
I myself don't like the little fairing on a goldwing.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
need a little more information about the bike,like how long did it sit,is it running now,there are some standard things that need to be done but its best to make sure the bike is worth saving before putting to much money in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I apologize for lack of information. The bike sat for 13 months. When i got it i was told it would turn over but when i fixed the starter relay it didn't fire. Assumed it was due to dirty carbs and fuel filter n lines n such.

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
I apologize for lack of information. The bike sat for 13 months. When i got it i was told it would turn over but when i fixed the starter relay it didn't fire. Assumed it was due to dirty carbs and fuel filter n lines n such.
You were told it would turn over, not that it would run.

Turning a 1200 A/I into a standard is almost impossible without a donor standard and they are rare, only made 1 year, or a heck of a lot of shopping on ebay and a good bit of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.