Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this video, WingStuff owner, Rick Arnoldo, talks about and demonstrates the proper way to put your Honda Gold Wing on the Centerstand.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
With all due respect, there is a large difference in doing this with a ride-off stand as opposed to the stock OEM stand!!!
Yep getting to the point that the rear wheel lifts off the ground is easy as the rear springs are helping you, after that it can be a real grunt.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I usually use a "helper board" especially if I have gym shoes on... If I have on my riding boots with a harder sole, I can usually do it, but the board sure makes it easier...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nope, it's a breeze if you put all of your weight on the footpad of the centerstand, it will rise up pretty quickly./ Don't try to lift the bike, the ceterstand is designed with little ramps on the feet, they do the lifting

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
I guess I have enough led in my A$$ that its no big deal for me getting the bike on the center stand.

·
Vendor
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all due respect, there is a large difference in doing this with a ride-off stand as opposed to the stock OEM stand!!!
You are absolutely correct in saying that there is a difference between the two, but the principle is the same. Thanks for your feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Explain "helper board".

3/4" board or better under the rear wheel...

I had no issue putting my 1500 on the center stand - my 1800 is a different story... I weigh #230 and it's a huge effort trying to get the 1800 up on it's center stand...

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Here is my helper board, as seen when used to put my 750 (with lowering blocks) on center stand.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts