Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy, y'all. I'm here because I've just recently purchased a 77 GL1000. The scene went about like a so...

Me: "Oh, somebody's got an old Goldwing torn apart over here."

Bill:"Do you want it?"

Me:"Well, I need another motorcycle like i need another hole in my head."

Dad:"If you want it, I'll front you the cash."

Bill:"What would you give for it?"

Me:"Well, I'll haul it off for twenty dollars."

Bill:"Double it and you've got a deal."

Well, Bill didn't catch on that I'd like that twenty to pass from his pocket to mine for the expense of loading, hauling, and unloading the heavy old *******, but Dad thrust the cash into my hand and I handed it over. At least it came with a clear title that's signed in all the right places. I promptly went to picking up the scattered pieces, and found all the hardware in a milk crate nearby.

Now, after having stripped it of the cheesy aftermarket trunk, boxes, and bars, it's beginning to grow on me a bit. Short of a factory sissy bar, it's a perfectly straight naked wing.

I could always try again, this would be the third, but the only one I've had with a title. My first one was a runner, but I gave it to a friend. The second turned into a 77 CB750, which I'll always consider a better deal. This one has the same affliction as the last one. The engine is locked. It's number 3, but the plug doesn't look as though hope should be lost before a good soaking in ATF.

Really, by all means, I don't need it. Between two chopped CB550s, a radically chopped CB350 twin, a clean 69 SL350, and a near perfect 77 CB750, I have enough wheels. That's aside from the 41 Chevy sedan, the 28 Essex, the 36 Chevy truck, and the many Jeep Cherokees.

So, if I can't fix the thing on a zero dollar budget, it may just find it's way to a new place. Maybe your place. Thanks for all the feedback and help. Maybe, it'll be the next chopper project, perhaps a cross country tourer.

Only time, and money will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum from Kansas

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome cheddarpecker[/align]

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:action:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:action:

:action:Welcome from the "HOOSIER" state:action:[/align]

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum cheddarpecker! :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment. Ride on.......:action:

I think if you get it all together you will like it more than you know.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

If ya got a good sense of humour and a thick skin, then the Fun forum is the place we want to see you :thumbsup: :leprechaun:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.