Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy! I’m also new to this board and thought I would introduce myself.

I just got back into to motorcycling last summer after a 20+ year hiatus. I bought a 1981 1100 Interstate at an auction and installed a used engine in it. I had so much fun with it I decided to buy a new bike. In December I purchased a new yellow (I’ve been told it’s the fastest color) GL1800, I kept it down stairs in the family room until the snow melted.

I’ve put 13,000 miles on the new bike so far and just love it. We’ve taken 1 long trip to the Honda Hoot in Tennessee and several shorter trips into Iowa and all over northern Minnesota.

I did have to replace my tires; the Dunlops were well worn and cupping at 11,500. I replaced them with a new set of Bridgestone’s.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the "WGGWWS" !!!

"RedWing" our official "Greeter" will be by to Welcome you aboard!! And he'll be glad you put "Stones" on your new Bike!

He'll tell you it should be "Red" but "Yellow" is my favorite by far! Enjoy it!:clapper:

And stay away from the "Deer Alert" thread, can be addicting!:goofygrin::baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Ah what a nice bike.:clapper: I have an 80 1100. Someday, the dream bike is a yellow one like yours. REDWING wouldnt agree, but I do...

Congrats on a nice bike, and welcome:waving:. There are many many good people here, with tons of knowledge, and all are friendly.

If you need help with storing that bike, you let me know. I have a nice garage and I promise I wont ride it. Cross my heart.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, that's a pretty fair amount of riding in your neck of the woods. How do you find time to keep your fire-arms and reloading tuned up ??? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:waving: :waving: Welcome aboard aht_six :waving: :waving:[/align]

[align=left]I also agree, YELLOW is the BEST color!!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:[/align]

[align=center]:18yellow:[/align]

[align=left]If I ever get in a place to where I can afford one it will be YELLOW [/align]

[align=left]I am sure that Redwing will be along shortly to disagree but ....:tongue:[/align]

[align=left]Have fun riding your :18yellow:and watch out for the animalswith pancakes on their heads!!!!:goofygrin::grinner:[/align]

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome aht_six.... Nice looking bike:clapper: It would be better RED but I guess its your choice to have a slow bike:cool::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Shooter,

I'm falling behind, I only shot 1 trap league this summer and I ran out of .223's 2 weeks ago. I'll have to catch up this winter.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum. You have a great looking bike and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!!! :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

aht_six wrote:
Shooter,

I'm falling behind, I only shot 1 trap league this summer and I ran out of .223's 2 weeks ago. I'll have catch up this winter.
Great looking bike aht_six! ([suB][suP]Lucky *******, why him and not me?) [/suP][/suB]I'm glad to hear a man with a proper cartridge, I'm embarrassed for shooter unless he's using those .223s for plinking in a Mini14!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey aht_six :waving:Greetings to the land of a thousand welcomes :clapper:and to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :weightlifter:I would like to wish you the very best of good "Irish Luck" with your new :18yellow:your obviously not into speed when you bought the slowest colour in the Honda range. :stumped: But i note that you fitted the best tyre on the market, BRIDGESTONE. :clapper:

P.S. You must have been lurking for a whileas you mention the fastest colour. :baffled:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That's our "RedWing", he has a way with words!

Gotta love him!:clapper::baffled::goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Take it easy on him, REDWING hasn't quite made up his mind about bike color and tire brand yet! He's a little wishy washy on the subject. ([suB][suP]Trolling... trolling...)[/suP][/suB]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I did consider buying a new red 04. The local dealer had been advertising it as his last 04 for several weeks; it was “On Sale” for $14,999. When I finally decided to buy it, it was too late, he had traded it to another dealer. That's when I saw the yellow 05 , it was 900 dollars more but I had to have it.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Now you have to get a "Tweety Bird" sticker for it !:clapper::baffled::goofygrin:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

aht_six wrote:
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I did consider buying a new red 04. When I finally decided to buy it, it was too late.
Hey aht_six :stumped:Whenyou see a RED :18red:for sale, you gotta jump first time, cause there wont be a second chance. :crying:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
WELCOME!!!!!!!!:clapper::waving::action::cheeky1::D:);):goofygrin::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:
What did you say tpwood? :stumped:

I didn't hear you! :goofygrin: :grinner:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.