Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thinking of doing an overnight trip next week going throough Highway 60 from Lodi WI to Prairie Du Chien(mississippi river). Has anyone done this route and ideas of where to stop and see east etc. Any one want to tag alond. Havent run it by the wife yet so this is a tentative trip.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

That’s the northern edge of my neck of the woods. I haven’t taken the whole rout you’re proposing, but I know part of it. You’ll see everything from flat farmland to rolling hills, to large wooded hills. A few long straight stretches, but mostly curves, including a couple of tight ones here and there. Most of the towns are very small once you leave Spring Green until you hit Boscobel, so finding a place to eat may be hit or miss between them unless you don’t mind eating at a tavern. Depending if and when you go, I’d be happy to meet up with you in Spring Green and tag along. Just curious, are you making a pilgrimage to Cabela’s in Prairie du Chien?

Dane :15magenta:

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dane when I do the trips the road leads and I follow so it is definetly a possibility. I will be leaving on the 20th and ariving at Prairie du Chien in the late afternoon where i will look for a hotel.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Too far west for my experiences. The Mineshaft in Hartford has a great All-You-Can-Eat fish fry, Wednesdays and Fridays for $6. http://mineshaftrestaurant.com/menu.html
Leystras in Sauk City is pretty good, but it's been a long time since I was there last. Things change. Likewise the players Pub in Spring Green. They had great burgers, but it's been a while.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

kazis86wing wrote:
----Havent run it by the wife yet so this is a tentative trip.
You do mean "The Boss" don't you?:ROFL:

If my back holds up, Count me in.:action:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

PDC is only an hour or so away from me.. Let me know when you will be there:waving:

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Carl lmao momma gave approval to go so if I can get a rider or 2 to join then I am off to PDC. Dont like to run solo in unfamiliar territorty.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

kazis86wing wrote:
Carl lmao momma gave approval to go so if I can get a rider or 2 to join then I am off to PDC. Dont like to run solo in unfamiliar territorty.
Just follow the Yellow Brick Road. :action:

I'm in. Are you still going to have your ride? I see It's listed again on CL.

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Cool Carl I will get the details to you sometime next week. No I decided to keep it I am going to buy another bike for shorter rides.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

FYI Hwy 60 is closed for road construction. You can stay on Hwy 60 west of Sauk Prairie. The detour route is County Hwy B and that is a beautiful ride. Stay on County B until you get into the Village of Plain. If you are looking for lunch in Plain go to Ideal Tap. To continue on Hwy 60 drop south on Hwy 23 to Spring Green and then west on Hwy 14 to the community of Gotham and you will see Hwy 60 to your left.

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Plan on pulling out of Illinois at 8am and then heading up of course no rush to get to where i am going. Where do you reside Kevin

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Cool I will shoot you an email later maybe we can meet up for lunch

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

You should head south out of SpringGreen and jump on Cty Z and head to Pleasant Ridge at the intersection of Z and ZZ

Old restored stage coach stop

Good food too

Better try and get a room in advance in Prairie du Chien

Seems like there is always something going on and motels are full on weekends

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
imported post

iowaguy1 wrote:
You should head south out of SpringGreen and jump on Cty Z and head to Pleasant Ridge at the intersection of Z and ZZ

Old restored stage coach stop

Good food too

Better try and get a room in advance in Prairie du Chien

Seems like there is always something going on and motels are full on weekends
+1 on Pleasant Ridge! Charlie the owner is a great guy and will treat you right. The “Ridge Burger” is outstanding! Bunny and I go there often on our way home after a day of riding.

Dane :15magenta:

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Been by the Belvidere toll road oasis many a time on the way to Chicago. Wish I could go!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.