Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys this is my first post.a great website

A friend has asked me does anyone know anything about fitting a single plate hydraulic clutch for GL1000 K2

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Never hoid of it.. What the h**l is it?? :baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Fritz wrote:
Hi Guys this is my first post.a great website

A friend has asked me does anyone know anything about fitting a single plate hydraulic clutch for GL1000 K2
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet, Fritz!:waving::waving:

Now for my question, why? :stumped:

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome Gary. I never heard of a single plate clutch for a Wing. Is this like a car type clutch? If so, it won't work in a wet type system like a Goldwing, the reason wet type clutches have loads of plates and heavy springs is to prevent the clutch slipping from the oil. A car type clutch wouldn't be able to grip the friction plate dipped in oil.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

As a point of fact, an automotive type clutch running in oil will work, I had a 1950 Hudson Hornet (305cu. in. inline 6) that had one. Hudson had a single plate oil bath clutch. The disk was kinda odd, it was a steel disk with what looked like the old corks from bottle caps stuck all over it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi guys and thanks for the replies.I'll relay your comments to my friend.He has a Gl1000 with sidecar.he has strengthened the clutch after burning one clutch out,but now founds the clutch lever actionmuch stiffer than before.A case of you can't have something for nothing.:waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.