Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

Ted, does that lift keep the bikes fairly stable while lifting? I was looking at one just like that yestreday at Harbor freight. It was $7x.xx. Only thing different was the color. They appear to be very good lifts. I just wondered about the stability of the bike while on the lift.

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

Just went out and purchased a motorcyclelift from Harbor Freight for $74.95

I got it home and assembled it and I have the bike on it now. Appears to be very stable. I feel that this is an excellent lift for the price. I am in the process of pulling the rear wheel to have a new tire mounted.

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

Well, I returned the H.F. lift today. Had a slight problem with the jack. Also, I did not like the way it let the bike down by dropping it suddenly. I went over to Sears and bought the Craftsman lift. The H.F. one was $74.99 and the Craftsman one was $89.99. The Craftsmanlift came with two ratcheting tie downs so that you can tie your ride to thelift and make it more stable. I like this lift far better than the H.F. one. It lets your ride down very smoothly. By far this one is a much better buy and was only $15.00 more than the H.F. lift.

:jumper:

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

Just finished my rear tire change and the Sears Craftsman Motorcycle Lift worked flawlessly. A highly recommended item in my book. For $89.00 you can't go wrong. A very nice lift for the money.

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

jackjohn wrote:
I bought a red one from Sam's Club about three years ago and it has been a life saver. Stabilization has not been a problem. I wish it would go higher but I would only feel secure with my Wing up high on a platform type lift and even the chinese versions of those are over a thousand bucks.
H.F. sells one for that is $349.99 normally but is on sale for $299.99. Here's a link.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91764

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

YES! Both the Craftsman and the H.F. lifts have safety locks on them. Once the lift is up, the safety falls into place and if the jack failed it would only drop enough for the safety to catch. There are several different spots for the safety to catch.

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Just had a look at that link Chris. Sure is great value for money and it has the drop down flap and wheel chock just like more expensive tables.
There is a Harbor Freight store just down the street from me and they have one of the lift tables on display. It looks very sturdy and fairly heavy duty. I believe that it is well worth the money if that is what you are looking for.

· Premium Member
2,936 Posts
imported post

My bike is up on the lift and the lift is engaged in the first stop and the bike tires are approximately 3" off the ground. I have one of the supplied ratcheting straps on to help secure the bike. The lift is very stable without engaging the ground support bolts. I did engage the ground support bolts and it made it even more stable.

I have removed and replaced both front and rear wheels and have had no problems with stability and had absolutely no fear of my bike falling.

1 - 9 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.