Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

At the gas station today, decided to check the oil. When I was done, I sat on the bike with it idling... the attendant hollers, "hey, put your cap back on!". I looked down and saw the oil spraying out, running down my leg.

yeesh

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

They say the memory is the second thing to go.:shock:

Can't rmember what the first thing was..........:baffled:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

You're probably a quart low now ?!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Well f***k that. :whip: :whip: :whip:

:crying: :18red: :crying:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
You're probably a quart low now ?!
Actually the quart is still there. Its just on my pants now:action:

I put some more in, then parked it, till I can get the pressure washer out.

The saddest part is its absolutely beautiful today. Dammmmmmittttt!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
At the gas station today, decided to check the oil. When I was done, I sat on the bike with it idling... the attendant hollers, "hey, put your cap back on!". I looked down and saw the oil spraying out, running down my leg.

yeesh
I guess the old sight glass oil window is a good thing after all... I have, however, left my timing cover off on top of the engine. That was a mess!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
REDWING! I'm shocked!:shock::shock:Are you off your meds again? Or is that some Gaelic word?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

And I thought my speeling (spelling) was bad.............:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Don't fret UB :baffled:... I drove off with my Dell laptop on the back luggage rack... It didn't like the ride and decided to walk. Dell rebuilt it under the unlimited warranty, but I was without communication for over a month.. Of course,,, :pumpkin:my other half just can't seem to get over it..

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

lets see. f***k that.

F as in friend, o as in ol' pal, another o as in ooh, c as in care, and k as in kindly.

Obviously, a expression of endearment as in Glad to See Ya.

:shock:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Thats like when they say you need the timing cover plug on when timing, their not kidding, What a mess,

But I work across the street from a gas station, and you wouldn't belive how many peopledrive off with the fill hose still stuck in the car, now thats a mess, and a hell of a lot more expensive then oil on your leg,

Don't worry, just when you think you have done the dumbest thing, Theres always the next guy going to do something worse,

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

I got a chance to look into the "exxon valdez" incident tonite. I didnt run very much oil out at all. It just made a mess. I s'pose I coulda rode on in to work if I hadnt made such a mess of my jeans.

Sign me,

Captian Hazelwood

:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Well now with your new fairing you can carry extra oil and jeans for the next time

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

I also left the timing cover cap off after adjusting my valves. Sure makes a big mess and is a pain to clean up.

Billy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

When I was learning to fly I checked the oil in my Pacer, then took off for a practice flight before my instructor showed up. Unfortunately I left the dipstick/oil filler cap sitting on top of one of my fuel drums. I barely got air borne before the windshield went brown and opaque. I managed to get it back on the ground and spent a frantic half hour cleaning up the mess before my instructor arrived to see what a foul up I did. This guy was old school, if you had a very good training flight he might say "well you didn't screw that up totally" (actual quotation modified for decency). I can just imagine the chewing out I'd have gotten for the dipstick episode. Probably would have been known as 'dipstick' by the whole village by the next day.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I had some time to look it all over, and I think I should have all that I need to get 'er together.

Before I do the fairing, I am replacing the center christmas tree, with the turn signal lamps, neutral light, etc. I picked up that part on ebay.

I hope to have it all together over the weekend. Thanks! A little plastic polish and that windshield will sparkle a bit more...

Funny thing is the serial number on the plate that you sent is only a few numbers away from the carcass I am mounting it all on!

See ya:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
When I was learning to fly I checked the oil in my Pacer, then took off for a practice flight before my instructor showed up. Unfortunately I left the dipstick/oil filler cap sitting on top of one of my fuel drums. I barely got air borne before the windshield went brown and opaque. I managed to get it back on the ground and spent a frantic half hour cleaning up the mess before my instructor arrived to see what a foul up I did. This guy was old school, if you had a very good training flight he might say "well you didn't screw that up totally" (actual quotation modified for decency). I can just imagine the chewing out I'd have gotten for the dipstick episode. Probably would have been known as 'dipstick' by the whole village by the next day.
I will be the first Paul....

[align=center]DIPSTICK!![/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
REDWING! I'm shocked!:shock::shock:Are you off your meds again? Or is that some Gaelic word?
Thats what we say out here on the Islands when something goes wrong. :clapper:

Well feack that. :waving:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
And I thought my speeling was bad.............:waving:
Hey Harrystoy :waving:Dont forget to use the spell check. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts