Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just wondered if anyone would be interested in this adventure, As in a post earlier I lost my 75 goldwing when it was destroyed by a drunk driving a big straight job truck. I got insurance settlement but its not enough to get the bike I want. So a good friend of mine donated a 1100 yamaha to me, so I am going to build it into a trike then sell it, to get the bike I want. so if it is ok to post my bike build on here please let me know. thanks Dennis

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Sorry you lost your bike and were hurt. healing wishes and prayers for you. Build your trike and post lots of pictures. best of luck and enjoy your project.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Good luck with your trike build Dennis, and feel free to post about it.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ok got a used table lift off craigs list and put the bike on it, and started the tear down. got the trunk and saddle bags off then the rear tire and rim and the swing arm. I have some pics and will post more tomorrow. s soon as I figure out how to post pics here. And thanks a whole bunch for letting me post my build on here. Dennis:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Dubs

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Good luck with it DC. In the Test forum there are a couple of sticky topics that explain how to post pictures. Probably the best way is to upload them to your free gallery here on the forum, then just insert them into your posts.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Good luck with it DC. In the Test forum there are a couple of sticky topics that explain how to post pictures. Probably the best way is to upload them to your free gallery here on the forum, then just insert them into your posts.
Yes as Dave says, it is very east to upload pics to "your Gallery" and then you just click on the "G" in the upper right portion of this window (reply window). It is best if you resize if you are using Hi-rez on your camera. First number should be betwwen 640 picxels & 900.:waving::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

most of us who love old wings also love old bikes, you have a pretty nice yamaha there, ill be looking forward to follow your build log.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

got a little more done today. rear wheel and swingarm are off now and gas tank as well, going to mock up the swing arm with new tubing as I borrowed an idea from another forum member.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Now we are getting serious! Go for it!:congrats:

dubs

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

:claps: The build has begun , keep thoes pictures comeing.
and have fun with your build

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Lighting how are you doing? I read your trike build several times as well all the other ones too. that is what helped me to start mine, but it was suppose to be my now totalled goldwing, but a really good friend gave me this yamaha to do it up so I could sell it and possibly make enough money to buy another wing and then build it into a trike. by then I should have alittle more experience and it should be a better build I hope.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Ok today was a good day, went to junk yard and found a yoke from a f150 4x4, the front one. with a little work will bolt to the rearend then slide it over the driveshaft of the bike have it welded and balanced. also found a set of afco 50/50 racing 9 inch shocks with adj. coilovers for the rear of the bike. they are being shipped to me from a friend in New Orleans. that should help with the rake in the front end.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Got part of the swing arm done today and have some pics as well. put swing arm on the bike to get final measurements to see where everything is gonna go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I got alittle more done on the swingarm today, evrything is just tacked welded for now just in case if I have to move something. And I have the rearend marked out for cutting it down to fit the way I want it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 234 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.