Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am looking for an old Tape Deck for a 1983 GL1100 Aspencade

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  PAF1047 
imported post

What's wrong with the one that's on the bike now?

imported post

It is a Clarion 2 system he has, also Clarion 1 systems didn't have a cassette player.

imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
I believe it is a Clarion 2, I believe. I'm not sure. My cams down, so the pic will be forthcoming, and I took the 4 allen head screws off the left cover, and it has a plug in for a tape deck or something. What goes here?
Thanks,
Nightrider1

Addition: It looks Identical to the one below, but mine has a cover to the left with 4 allen head screws in it. Also, My Adj/Me button is missing on the botttom right, so I use a toothpick to set it. Works ok, but uses a lot of voltage under 2000rpms.
Nightrider1
If it's identical then you even have a cb in there somewhere too. The cb can be seen by looking in the fairing with the right turn signal removed. It's just forward of the radio tuner that's under the right side pocket.

The empty left side pocket sounds like it already has the mount and harness installed for the cassette player and you need the original Clarion cassette player to fit in there. Not worth the hassle, money or time to find one that actually works. You can get a cable that plugs into the distribution unit where the cassette plugs into it for a mp3 player instead. The RCA ones that Walmart sells has very good volume that works well for this.

You can remove that mount and harness and just put a left pocket in there, I have one for that side, I think, but no cover for it.

imported post

gido wrote:
If you're still looking for a cassette player you could always post in the For Sale/Wanted forum.
This is the For sale\Wanted forum.:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.