Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to install the Kuryakyn Pulsating Brake Controller from Wingstuff on my 2008 GL 1800. I was following the product video with supreme confidence using my newly purchased $3 circuit tester while admiring the circuit tester light coming on and off. I got happy and started sticking it all over the place. I was under the seat working right near the relay box area trying to find the green wire that goes to the rear backlights just like the product video. I stuck it in a hole and the circuit light came on and the horn beeped. The display went a little wacky. I did it again. It beeped and blacked out. The motorcycle will not start now. Sounds like it is near turning over before a series of clicks begin. What did I do and how can I fix it? HELP!

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
Charge the battery.

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
Ok. I will do it. Out of curiosity, the bike had a strong charge before could I have discharged it with my actions? I am just trying to learn as I go. Thanks in advance.
Depends what you did, how long you had the key on while testing and how good the battery is. From your explanation of the problem it screams dead battery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
At least use your little battery boost pack to jump it. You do have one right? It is the smarted invention for us riders, especially when taking a trip. That and a volt meter mounted on your dash. So much peace of mind.
The boost pack will restore your voltage quickly for diagnosing. Hope you have the repair manual with wiring diagrams for reference. Then you can figure out what happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT WORKED!!! I did not know how low my battery was actually. I assumed as long as I rode it, there was a reasonable charge. I was wrong. When I went to add a battery charge, my trickle charger was not functioning. Frankly, I do not know how long that had been going on. I had to buy a new one. The battery subsequently charged up, and the bike started immediately. Now, I will be more judicious with my explorations and turn off the key as well. Thanks for all your replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts