Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
63,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,
it is "tongue in cheek", a joke...

but, it bears a lot of wisdom with it.
I just towed a tractor with 3 heavy implements from Utah to home,
I purposely kept my foot away from the throttle, and locked the CC at 1850 rpm, the spec'd rpm for the 7.3L diesel engine for best economy.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Kubota does a lot with those 3 cylinder diesels. I have a 33 HP version, but I noticed it shares the same displacement as the 39 HP version. Probably just have a bit more fuel cranked into the injection pump and maybe a different camshaft. I should look into it one of these days.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
1,005 Posts
Wish I could train my wife about her heavy foot. When she drives my truck, the mileage drops about 3-4 MPG.
Rocket starts and goes directly from the gas to the brake at red lights.

·
Administrator
63,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I could train my wife about her heavy foot. When she drives my truck, the mileage drops about 3-4 MPG.
yeah,
my daughter is like that, even though I "suggest" to her that she waits too long to apply the brakes....
she drives right up to the stop sign and then uses the brakes....

cost me 2 rotors and pads last month, when they were replaced just a year ago :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
John, I have a F250 with the 7.3 and 6 speed manual put BF Goodrich 33/75/16 on the rear from stock size tire to this drops rpm 250. just had one of the tires blowout only lasted 16 years!
Want some sticker shock just ordered two more $350.00 each.
Stupid me tire size is 315/75/16. Need to learn to read before posting!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
My wife does the same, plus she lets of the gas then stabs it to maintain a constant up down speed. She gets a solid 10 mpg less than me.

·
Administrator
63,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John, I have a F250 with the 7.3 and 6 speed manual put BF Goodrich 33/75/16 on the rear from stock size tire to this drops rpm 250. just had one of the tires blowout only lasted 16 years!
Want some sticker shock just ordered two more $350.00 each.
Stupid me tire size is 315/75/16. Need to learn to read before posting!
my XLT has 285/75/16 tires on it, weird off brand "Americus".
google search edon that tire, seems it is 'okay', but it damn sure is noisy....
I would put on Street Treads in a Heartbeat were it not for today's prices on tires.
like you, sticker shock is there....

Am thinking about putting "KillBat" on the floor and door panels, but that stuff is crazy expensive also.
might as well put on Street Tires and eliminate the need for Sound Insulation.

new tire brand?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my tires in on Wednesday BF Goodrich All Terrain K/O will get them mounted tomorrow. Don't really hear too much noise from the all terrains unlike the Mud Terrains I have driven beside.
Not familiar with that brand

1 - 14 of 14 Posts