Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

That i want to install. I have a gonzo harness for it so I simply need to know where the OEM horn is located. I am certain this has been asked, but my search came up with 366 entries and those i read dont makemention of the location.

Cheers

:weightlifter::weightlifter:

Dragoon

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

The stock horns are located under the front lower cover... the one where the oil filter is located. There's one horn on each side. The horns you have might need a relay.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

My conmpany make premade harness' that include a relay. They do this for horns, aux lights etc. I will use one of those.

Thanks for the info.

Dragoon

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Just get a pr of 1800 horns problem solved no relay no nuttin just have to bend the bracket slightly to get the cowl back on

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
imported post

Just fitted a pair of new Strebel Magnum Hornsto replace of the duff OEM ones in a great place that I have found. Not onlydo theysound louder here but it also sorts out another problem that all of us 1500 wing owners have.

When we need to do an oil and filter change or change the spark plugs we have to pull the lower cowl which can be a bit of a pig to put back on. The problem is that if you have side marker lights fitted they tend to hit the horns and stop the cowl from going back far enough.

Remove the two OEM horns. No horns - No problem.

Anyway, where to fit the two new bigger and louder horns.

Remove the left hand pocket with the leather cover on and the right hand pocket with the lock on. Then take outeach of the under boxes which have four screws. You will find that there is plenty of room in front of where these boxes sit to fit each of the new horns.

Now all you need to do is run two wires up from the existing horn wires to each of the new horns. Replace boxes. VOALA!!!

The new horns come with fitting brackets and wire connectors plus a small relay that is not needed as the OEM horns go through a relay.

Total cost about £40. Two and a half hours work. Bought my horns from Nippy Norman Ltd.

Keith Davidson.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Are you sure about that relay. My Valk had two stebil horns, very loud, but they actually draw 14 amps each. I would check you’re wiring one again because if you’re incorrect, and I am not saying you are, then 28 amps will fry the starter very fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.