Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I done it again.
Took my famous old trip 150 miles over to Branson MO to eat at my favorite place for All You Can EAT breakfast.
DARN!!!
They are closed for the off season and no more breakfasts until MARCH!!

Well it was not a total loss anyway.
I got to get out and ride at 3:30AM at about 40F according to the sign I past at the radio station.
I dinked around for awhile in West Plains MO, then off to Branson.

On the way I stopped for coffee in Gainsvile, MO and it was at this time I notice the water puddles on the parking lot had thin ice on them!
My feet were getting a little cold by then also, so while I had my coffee I put on my heated socks also. I already was wearing the heated suit and heated gloves. I guess this was around 5:30-6am or so.
Talked with a few locals for a bit, then back on the road again, sun just barely coming up.

Was a nice warm ride rest of the way to Branson then.

Once I arrived I found out about them being closed till March.
Well, as luck would have it I was told Shoney's had an All You Can EAT breakfast also. Gee, I did not know that LOL
So off to SHONEY's I went!

Well, I bet Shoney's would have been just as happy or more so if I had not found out about their breakfast LOL
After the 4th plate I think the waiter was starting to get a "ARE YOU DONE YET" look.

I'm not really sure which I liked best, Starvin Marvin where I normally go or Shoney's. Both are really good, Shoney's has more stuff I think but costs a bit more, and some of the things I like better at Starvin Marvins like the hashbrowns and sausage.

Well, this morning at Shoney's after 2 plates of scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and 2 kinds of gravy, bacon, french toast, cubed type hashbrown/homefry potatoes, I then had a big chief salad from the salad bar. Never saw a salad bar for breakfast before.
Well the salad was good, but I decided I'm not much on salad for breakfast so I got another plate like the first 2.

They also had pancakes and a topping bar with bannana, strawberry, etc.. toppings and whipped cream. But I decided to skip that bar as I am on a diet! :shock:

Well, I won't have to worry about which to go to for awhile now, I was told they are probably closing next week to remodel during the off season and be ready to open around March.
I was told by a couple folks Golden Corral has a big breakfast Buffet also, but a couple people said they stopped having it now for the off season also, but others said they still have it. I guess I need to call before I make the ride again LOL

So after Breakfast at Shoney's I rode over to the Branson Mall and watched some of the free shows there. Jackson Cash was still doing a 2pm and 4pm show, an hour each so I stayed for that.
Then a nice ride home 150 miles, mostly in the dark and getting colder the longer I rode.
Just had on the coat and regular heavy gloves and was fine most the way, no heated suit this time, just starting to think about it as I was almost home but did without.

So much for a nice ride in 60F + weather today :ROFL:
Only time I saw the warmth of the day was walking to and from the bike to get things and put things away and when I walked over to Mc donalds for coffee once. I think all my 300 miles of riding today was about 45F and lower.

Was a great ride though!

Only scary part was when I almost hit the black Cat that crossed my path on the way over to Branson. Cat was lucky! I was already slowing down a bit on edge of a town not sure what a 4 wheeler might do as I approached it. Just had to hit the brakes a little harder to miss the cat.

Dogs and cats are worse that deer, they just walk or run out in front of you!
The Deer just stand and watch me ride by, the 2 as I left the house and the 2 closer to town. Once I got about 12 miles from home I never saw another deer though. Dogs, cats, birds, now those get close.
I'm not sure what the bird was, I think maybe a barn owl perhaps? I just saw it's white under belly and wide wingspan as it cleared the windshield and my helmet by maybe a foot. I think that was about 5-10 miles after the black cat.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

Neat story of a days ride. Some day I may ride out to meet you just to do all the breakfast places. My favorite time of the day, breakfast.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

We go down to Branson every spring. I know the Starvin Marvin. But next time you go if you want another good breakfast. About a block east on 76 take a right. up hill 50 feet there is a little 50's diner. There is normally a Henry J sitting outside the door. We like there brakfast more than Marvins. When I get date we are coming down I will let you know maybe we can have breakfast.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think I know the place you mean. I never had breakfast there though.
I'll have to try them out.
I think Titanic and Walgreens are at that traffic light right. The cheap hotel I usually stay at is just down from there also. Walking distance.
Though I am thinking of trying other hotels this year perhaps.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Since it's winter and all, maybe you should try driving 150 miles south to explore the breakfast opportunities that way......... You may even find one closer to home.......... But then what would be the fun in going right. But you might be warmer!

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
After the 4th plate I think the waiter was starting to get a "ARE YOU DONE YET" look.
But I decided to skip that bar as I am on a diet! :shock:
Chromo: It sounds like you are on a very strict "see food diet"

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Was in Branson last summer. You all talked about the Starvin Marvin right after I got back. ummm just checked 586 miles for breakfast. sounds like a good couple of days to me
:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

If you are talking about the Blue Bayou. Been there before. we used them a couple of years. Last year we moved to the days inn. it is about 1 block west and 1/2 block south from 76. Still right in the middle of everything.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
imported post

i am ashamed of myself, i thought i could eat until i read your post. i found i am just a whimp. lol walkabout :smiler:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

HHHHMMMMM, 1694 miles, 27hrs. Doable.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Since it's winter and all, maybe you should try driving 150 miles south to explore the breakfast opportunities that way......... You may even find one closer to home.......... But then what would be the fun in going right. But you might be warmer!
You may have a point there LOL

I'm looking for another place to ride for mornings like that.
BUT.....
Sometimes I am not too smart I guess. Instead of almost due west I may head NORTH East LOL
Depends on the weather.
Branson is 150 miles, ST. Louis is 232 and about 5 hours by google.
At least I can buy a few supplies in St. Louis if I make that run, and being for business use may even get a tax break for the ride LOL
Now the hard part, make some money so I have a use for the break :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
If you are talking about the Blue Bayou. Been there before. we used them a couple of years. Last year we moved to the days inn. it is about 1 block west and 1/2 block south from 76. Still right in the middle of everything.
I may try Days Inn perhaps.
Country Bunker and Dollar Saver were the 2 I always stayed at in the past years. Right near Titanic.
They were good enough, not fancy, and were cheap. Price seems to been going up a bit though and I think I can stay elsewhere nicer for the same price now probably.

I don't spend much time at a hotel or in the room, so all I normally care about is it's clean, everything works, and it's cheap.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

walkabout wrote:
i am ashamed of myself, i thought i could eat until i read your post. i found i am just a whimp. lol walkabout :smiler:
Ya, for being a tall kinda thin guy I can really put away the food sometimes when it's good.
Course I don't always eat like that, but I do love Buffets LOL

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

What's the resturaunt? I'm down in Branson a lot. Actually down in Harrison right now visiting relatives with the new kiddo. I'll watch for gw's rolling by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.