Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got my wing out this morning for a nice ride.Well some :?things come up didn't get to go.So this evening I thought better put the wing back in the garage.got on her didn't even start it .Just backing up looked around behind ,an the next thingI know she's going down.I don't have any idea what happen.Just a mental lapse I guess.LOL.

:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Hope there was no damage.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Another honest man!:cooldevil:Welcome to the club.:cheeky1:I've found the most important thing for a 'Wing owner to know how to do is the 'butt first' method of righting a 'Wing that decided to lay down for a nap.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

No damage just my pride.Got me to wondering what happened.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Your certificate will be in the mail!:D

Glad the bike wasn't hurt......your feelings will mend.....trust me:shock::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Glad you where not hurt and welcome to the club :waving:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Oh I'm already a member of the club. I just thought I would update my membership!! LOL I think I figured out what happened, she had sat out in the sun all day long and I think she was getting back at me for not taking her for a ride. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

You're on your way, two more times and you're official,

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:DI did that away from home, several years ago. I liked to ride alone, so I was in the mountains riding some peaceful byway, when I looked for a spot to turn off and set a spell. Well found it but it was dirt (my excuse) next thing I knew I was laying on the ground. I could not get it upright butt method or any other. I had to walk at least 100 miles, okone mile before I found someone driving buy that I flagged down. Told them what I did and they drove me back to find the bike upright, no, not really, it was upright after they helped me. That was the last time I saw my good helpers, but not the last time I had done that.:shock:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Jason m wrote:
Spider how do you lay down a trike?
:cheeky1::cheeky1:you know, it has to sleep too:dude::dude:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Jason m wrote:
Spider how do you lay down a trike?
I'll bet it would require help righting that.

I pulled an Artie Johnson a couple years back. Stopped behind a line of traffic at a traffic light and just fell over.Good thing I was on the 750. I had it upright a few seconds after crawling out from under it. Funny?I hope so, I sure laughed about it!

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

We went for a ride with my uncle yesterday. We were out for about 4 hours, stopped at a few local places to enjoy the time, no hard riding, heavy traffic or anything. On the way back, on a side road, we came to a stop sign and approached it slowly as usual, agian, a totally no pressure situation. Anyway, as I came to a stop my foot stumbled, the bike was still moving at maybe 2 miles an hour, I couldn't get it balanced and had to lock the hand brake. If it hadn't been for Wnecy behind me getting her foot down, I would have dumped it right there.

My uncle pulled up to me laughing his @$$ off, and to make it all the worse, a Harley was coming from the side road and was grinning as well.

Fortunately we were at the end of the ride and just a couple miles from home. The wing went straight to the garage and didn't move the rest of night.

I hope it can forgive me.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I’ve had my wing down several times now. The first time I rolled back into a slight ditch at just enough of an angle that I hit the tip point and it went over. Second time I parked on a down slope, got off the bike, put my helmet in the trunk and closed it with just enough force to roll the bike off the side stand. Third time I was making a left turn in a 4 way stop. I had the right of way, rolled out and started to turn when the car across from me decided not to wait. I got the bike stopped but was already far enough into the turn that I couldn’t get straightened up so over she went.

A couple of weeks back, for the very first time ever in over 35 years of riding, I hit another vehicle. I was pulling out of a parking garage and needed to make a left hand turn. I looked left but there were a couple of big SUV’s parked along the street so I inched out a bit to see around them. I looked left again and there was no traffic, looked right and saw an opening, started to move forward a bit as I was turning to look left again and hit the side of a car. Only minor damage to the bike, tire streak along the side of the car, major damage to the ego. I was so angry with myself that I had no trouble getting the bike back up. After I had time to think about it, I’m glad I hit the car instead of the car hitting me. The parking garage exit is pretty close to the street corner. Cars make the turn and accelerate up the street. I was moving at walking speed while the car was probably moving at 30+MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

terry_208 wrote:

I pulled an Artie Johnson a couple years back.

Terry
Careful, you're showing your age!:D

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Just a warning - I'm especially careful about this now, but when you go across the US/Canada border, the border guard booths are NOT made for motorcycles. They are tipped at an angle to elevate the left side of the car to allow the guard to look into the car without bending down. On top of this, there is a depression in the concrete between where the car tires would ride (i.e. right under the engine). So when you come to a stop, not only are you stopping on a lateral incline, but your right foot will land quite a bit farther down than your left, which is a recipe for a dump. The first time I crossed on my bike, I VERY nearly tipped over.

I now pull up slowly, as close to the booth as I can get, and put both feet on the ground before putting any weight on them, so that I'm not surprised at where my feet end up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.