·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Ouch!! At least you seem in good spirits! Hope you heal up soon!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
imported post

Glad you can post!

As to polish .... use a really course grit!

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

That is just not pretty, the bike or your leg.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Gold 100 mile an hour tape and some creative taping and it's good as new.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

ooohhhhh........not good. Hope you heal well and find the new bike of your desires soon.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Oh Man! Hope it isn't as serious as it looks in the pics. get better.

Have to know how it happened, too.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Ouch!! Those pics look painful!
Wish you a swift (well, as swift as possible) recovery. And hope you will find a new wing to replace the one you had.

But it ain't fun. No fun at all!:needahug:

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

All the best for a quick recovery.

Adrian & Andrea

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

W:shock:W. Just glad you are still alive to tell the story.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Glad you're still on this side of the dirt! Man, that looks awfully painful. Godspeed, Jim

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

It was like looking at my own knee a few years back.

Get well soon.

Dave.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Cloud 9 wrote:
Oh Man! Hope it isn't as serious as it looks in the pics. get better.

Have to know how it happened, too.
Even after all this time, I'm still not sure.:?

I'd stopped at a coffee/burger van at the top of a pass called "Rest and Be Thankful", just north of Loch Lomond.

After a coffee and a bacon roll, and a final (as it turned out) cigarette, I set off down the other side. Rounding a bend, I was confronted by a car. My immediate thought was "what's that doing there?":shock:, followed by the realisation that it was merely driving along, minding it's own business, and ideally, I would be on the other side of the road.:?

Then it all got a bit noisy. And hurty.

Paramedics were excellent:claps:, and the one hour drive to hospital went by in no time. I was a bit annoyed at having my £1200 riding suit cut to ribbons with scissors, but now I know it was the sensible thing to do. I'm upset my bungy jump tee-shirt went the same way, as I'm not 100% sure I'm going to earn another one soon.

I had a week at Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, followed by an 11 hour journey to the Royal London Hospital Whitechapel, by ambulance.
This is the hospital where Dr Treves looked after the Elephant Man, so they weren't shocked by my ugly mug.

After a week they screwed and plated and generally mended my femur, but I had to go back in September for a graft from my hip to fill a 2" gap in the bone about a third of the way up the thigh.

I'm due back on March 21st, to check that it's okay to put weight through my right leg:praying:, then I should be good to go, once I manage to get this knee to bend fully. :weightlifter:
Prognosis is currently for no long term issues, which is, frankly, amazing.

I'm not sure whether to thank my surgeons, or sacrifice a goat in their name.:bow:
Perhaps I'll sacrifice a steak instead.

Once I'm back on the road:action:, on the CB13, the plan is to sell the GL15 and the CBX, and get me a new GL18.
I'm just not sure whether I want a 2010 or a 2012 version.

As an additional bonus, I've not had a cigarette for nearly nine months, and I've lost <does sums> around 60 pounds in weight.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

It is good to see you in high spirits Nick, in spite of a bad ordeal. Can you even get 2012 models in the UK? Some of the members over your way posted that Honda are holding out and trying to fob you all off with "new" 2007-2010 models.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

My Sister from Southampton just sent me a travel log via Email, and she stopped at that same pass "Rest and Be Thankful" for a rest just a few days ago, she is touring Scotland in an RV/camper van right now.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Ouch , no polish and wipes wont help. mend up good and strong. then ya can shop all you wont to.
wishing you Gods speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Bernieswing wrote:
It is good to see you in high spirits Nick, in spite of a bad ordeal. Can you even get 2012 models in the UK? Some of the members over your way posted that Honda are holding out and trying to fob you all off with "new" 2007-2010 models.
My local dealer (who sold me the A6 in 2010) has both types to pick from.

2010 spec bikes with no miles for £20,000 ($26,500)
2012 spec bikes for £24,000 ($29.750)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.