Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I stopped at a Dairy Queen while riding my Goldwing today. I have nothing against DQ as a matter of fact I love DQ I have just never stopped while riding.
As a matter of fact my buddy suggested it. He rides a HD Full bagger. He rides a lot so he isnt your typical HD rider going bar to bar.
I only had a lemonade but he had a blizzard.
It was fun but I felt so stereotypical.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Next time get the Jalitos burger...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

NNNOOOOnow your cursed. You'll never ride past one again. :ROFL:

Today was a nice day to ride. I'll be out there again tomorrow riding. Not many nice days left here in Chicagoland.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

DQ really
Well up here in the frozen north it's Tim's
Seems like any biker type that dosen't go to the bar. heads to Tim Hortens for some coffee and a dounut
Wilf

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

wilf wrote:
DQ really
Well up here in the frozen north it's Tim's
Seems like any biker type that dosen't go to the bar. heads to Tim Hortens for some coffee and a dounut
Wilf
I mostly heard it referred to as "Timmy's" on my trips around lake Superior. You can't swing a dead cat up there without hitting one!

Isn't it Hortons with an O?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

The first DQ's that we ate at only had concrete picnic benches setting outside!!!!!....Walk up to the window, order your food, go to your car, or set on those concrete benches outside till your food was ready....A few years back the DQ the wife and I used to eat at in Velasco, Texas, over 45 years ago, was torn down, the people there tried to get it declared a "historical building"...The owner/manager was our landlord when I was in the third grade!!!!...It had been in that family for over 60 years!!!!...It was when torn down still one of the last "a set outside" DQ's....

Same for the Whataburgers in Corpus Christi, Texas...When I was stationed in the Navy there...They were just a small frame building, the owner was the cook, and his burgers were cheap, 25 cents, so us Navy guys would fill up on his burgers then go chase the girls, very little money and too many pretty girls....:ROFL:....

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

We still have one of the walk up DQ's near here, it is just south of Titusville PA on RT 8.

Timmies is pretty popular around here too, good coffee, and a nice atmosphere. Good donuts and their breakfast is good stuff too.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

If I didn't turn into every DQ we passed, the wing would probably wreck us trying to turn in by itself.:ROFL:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

I stopped at 3 different Love's stops.

Does that count? :ROFL:
Even found some Crunchy French Peanuts to chomp on...

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

I have a good friend who refuses to stop at a bar with his Harley. Out of respect for him, I refuse to stop at a Dairy Queen.
Coffee and Donuts I would do. Occasionally, I stop at the bars for him. :)

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Well, I stop at DQs, and bars, and Dary King, and Blue Cows, and Moe's and Bar-B-Qs, and Gunther Toody's, and most any Pizza shop, Buffets, DelTacos, andTaco Bells.

As you post there Bob, the DQ is so very stereotypical; I try to be and"equal opportunity consumer"...

... and I never ride off without my tool-kit:

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=left]:D[/align]

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Now that's funny! :ROFL:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

A lemonade in a Dairy Queen? That's like reading Playboy in a church......

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

so far the DQ phenom. has not happened to me, I have heard of is lurking about though, especially from reports on this forum.

I will never give in !!!:D

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Being a Chicago Police officer I am by very definition a Dunkin Donuts addict. I do love my DD coffee every day. I just hate to be stereotyped so easily.

Mel - as you can see by the picture of my coffee mug on my desk the idea of a Playboy Magazine in church is not too far off.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.