Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With the help from regor @ http://www.thehubers.net/goldwing/cruise_control.htm, I fixed my cruise control lag. Why Honda doesn't do it, is beyond me. I had to back mine out about 4 3/4 turns, & now it's almost instant. Below are three pictures I took. And to keep from losing the wrenches down the hole, I tied them together with an old shoe string. To give those of you, who are still unsure, the rubber gromet is just to the right of the ignition switch. Oh yea, after I took off the dash, I took out the screws on both sides of the ignition switch. That way, I was able to pull the plastic piece back, to get to the cable. That's the plastic piece pulled back, at the right side of the picture. After the work is done, just put it back, where it belongs.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Well done Verdayne, they are the clearest pictures I've see of this job yet and should make it easier for anyone attempting this. When I did my own it took 3 full turns before it worked the way it should have from the factory. Of course I didn't have a camera with me that day. :?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Honda don't regard the cruise lag as a fault, so the dealers won't adjust the cruise during a normal service.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
That is downright ridiculous of Honda. A problem is a problem no matter how you look at it. That's terrible to spend all that money and you have to do your own adjustments to make the bike work properly.

Vic
I agree Vic, but I've heard this as well. Because there is a small lag and the cruise doesn't come on instantly, most dealers won't bother adjusting it unless you hassle them. Over here they just don't want to know.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

I had a 97 GL that worked perfectly; no lag. Butmy former01 and my current06 GLs have lags of about six seconds. Thanks for this procedure. I'll try it on my 06.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I have just torn my 2001 goldwing down by using my service manual trying to adjust the cable on the cruise actuator. I can't find the hole where the service book shows to adjust and line up. I hate to put it back together without adjusting it like it is suppose to be.Do you have any idea where it is located and what it looks like. Thanks Don

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

When I installed a Rostra cruise in my previous truck it had a lag. The solution was to reduce the slack in the cable, it's especially noticeable if you have to wait before you let the grip go to prevent a drop in speed prior to the cruise taking hold. With excess slack in the control cable from the actuator the speed control has to pull the extra cable in before it holds the throttle. The speed the control pulls in the cable isn't all that fast, it thinks it's opening the throttle so it takes acouple seconds to pull the slack in. Leastaways that's the way it worked on my truck.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

So, you did the truck deal. How do you like the new one, compared to the Cummins?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I like everything about it except for it'sappetite. Gotta turn the radio up to drown out the sound of gasoline rushing by in the fuel line.:cheeky1:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

HAH !!!! I'll bet that hurts, eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.