Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been looking for a while for some kind of semi cheap folding chair to pack away for trips and just to have on hand at times.

I seen a guy that was using this at one of the Games I was at.

I did a search and found this site that sells them really cheap.

A 2 pack of chairs for $12.

Check it out, I think it would be great for camping and just to have on hand.

Check out the Video below.

http://www2.pulsetv.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5683&evtv=20343
( Crazy Link keeps sending me to the Cat Drinking, Just hit HOME at Top Left and you will see the chairs.)

The Amazing Pocket Chair opens in a snap and is perfect for gardening, fishing, camping or any of those unexpected moments when you need to get off your feet! Compact and lightweight. Folds to 9 1/2"L x 6 1/4"W; seat 12 1/2"W x 5 1/2"D, 12 1/2" H when open. Supports Up to 250 lbs. Sturdy metal with polyester seat. Water-resistant carry case included.

Does it work as it claims
It is a pocket chair but it comes in a carrying case so if you would prefer not to put it in your pocket you can carry it or fit it in a purse.

But since it claims to be a pocket chair, will it really fit in your pocket? It does, but it is not a perfect fit. I suppose if you had cargo pockets, it would fit even better.

So, how could something this small be able to support an adult’s weight? It kind of reminds me of sitting on a log around a campfire. There is a little swaying back and forth but it seems pretty sturdy.

The Amazing Pocket Chair is certainly a decent alternative if you do not like carrying a bunch of chairs to a ball game or the beach or something like that.

It will certainly lighten your load. It does what it says it does, and it does not take a backseat to chairs much larger and therefore the Amazing Pocket Chair gets the thumbs up.

The pocket chair does not claim to be the most comfortable chair, and it is not.

But, again, it does allow you to grab a seat just about anywhere there is solid ground.

You get TWO CHAIRS & TWO CARRYING CASES!

FEATURES:
- Features an ultra light design
- Great for travel
- Perfect for camping and hunting
- Folds for easy storage
- Includes Carrying Case
- Get two for less than the price of one on TV

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

thats a good deal but the video goes to a pet blinker light?????

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I know, and I redid the link 3 times now. That's why I left the complete link viewed instead of the tiny link.

If you click HOME on that screen it takes you to their home page and the chairs are right there at the top.

Sorry bout the link.....

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Alright I suppose Doug, if you weigh under 250# and have the knees to get back up from that lowseating position. :?

Price and size is hard to beat though.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Those are certainly not what I would describe as "chairs"!! They are more like stubby little stools.
You can find those in most stores that have camping or hunting supplies.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

250 pounds max, eh? Good thing they come in packs of 2, one per butt cheek!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I like the idea and the price but I would need one for each butt cheek.....

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

I saw those on an infomercial late one night and forgot what they were called when I tried to look them up the next morning.
The low seat height concerned me because I have had major knee surgery and now looking at having the same operation done to the other.
I did find this chair....
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_28926_-1?N=329211359&Ntt=chair&Ntk=All

I have had this one for about 3 years with no problems. I am 5'8" 230# With bad knees. This chair got daily use for the first year and a half as I used it at work during break time rather than sit on the floor. Now I use it in the Goldwing and have another that I use as a fishing chair.

I had always wished it had a backrest, but solved that issue by placing it near a tree. Now looking for the link to I found one that has a back rest (looks to long to fit the Goldwing though)

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_365057_-1?N=329211359&Ntt=chair&Ntk=All

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

I had one very simlar to it about 20 years ago that I would talke to the field with me when I was in the Army. I was the only one not sitting on the ground during after action reviews!

Very cool and a great price!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I have one almost identical to it. I go fishing sometimes and my son bought it for me. It's a very useful seat and takes up no space in the bag.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

Its compact size of Folds to 9 1/2"L x 6 1/4"W. would not come close to fitting in any pocket of mine. It is certainly small enought to fit in one of the hard bags on the wing.

The metal frame looks a bit thin for 250 lbs. but for siting in one place like fishing I can see it working fine.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

OldSchool_IsCool wrote:
250 pounds max, eh? Good thing they come in packs of 2, one per butt cheek!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
times2.........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.