Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Found this 76 GL1000 at a good price and was so surprised as it is the first GL I have purchased that hasn't been molested.:shock: Nothing against all the fairings and such just not my thing. Neat looking king queen seat though. Bike looks factory stock aside from the seat and the extra foot pegs.

Pretty decent shape has not been started as it has an electrical issue I have not yet isolated (no headlight starter silioid just clicks checked fuses etc and tried multiple silinoids with no luck) :?

Back burner for this bikeas I have to rob the radiator and a couple small parts to finish up my 75.

Not sure what the fate will be yet but so many great parts on this bike,the thoughts have been tossed around to do a cafe bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
imported post

Thats a nice looking survivor . I have never seen that type seat with the backrest built in .

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Looks like it pee peed in the trailer on the way home.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

:ROFL:goodcatch but no thats an old stain !!

I am looking forward to using this bike to start a nice photo library for repair and maintnance reference.

I have manuals and such but a good color photo always comes in handy especially when it comes to wiring etc.

It amazes me some of the mods folks have made adding lights,fairings, horns ,etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
imported post

Wanna buy another, probably a better parts donor than that pretty red one?

Motor is stuck, it is all there except for the rear turn signals, 2nd Goldwing to be sold in Charleston...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I sent you a PM

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

No if u look close u will see the black strap around the lower triple tree. That is just extra strap wrapped up around there.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Nice bike. I'd put a really tall sissy bar and some ape hangers on it.

I have considered doing a "street bob" style bike with my LTD, remove the trunk, and the fairing lowers, and paint everything black. The problem is the fairing lowers hide a world of sins, and it would take a lot to clean up everything to make it look good under there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.