Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

SmartBikerhad got in touch with me from another thread on mounting tires. He had seen that I was going to need tires mounted on my newly powder coated rims and stepped up. Turns out he has a manual No-Mar tire changer in his garage and doesmotorcycle tire changesas a side line. Although not as slick as a hydraulic tire changer, this thing was great. Anything that contacts the rims is plastic or plastic coated so there is almost no way to do any damage to the rims. It was his first time doing a car tire on a motorcycle rim though. It took a little work breaking the bead and getting it off the old rim but not too bad. It seemed like it was actually harder getting the Battl-Ax BT-45 mounted on the front rim. No problem getting the beads to pop on either one. And this was the first time I got a chance to actually observe the process and find out a lot more about it. And I felt like I had more control as far as having exactly what I wanted done. It also cleared up a lot of questions I had. His cost for doing the 2 tires was very fair. Thanks Vern.

Once I get these rims on the bike Sunday, I will officially be double darkside!!! Photos to follow.

Its nice being able to talk to members here on the forum but it's also nice to meet the members in person. So far I have had the opportunity to meet with Parman, Reinyrooster, and a few others. It's nice being able to put a face to the names and each one has been a real pleasure to talk to. But I have been struggling to catch up withFM who I'd really like to meet. Honest, Floyd!!! And I have promisedmikeyrx that I would catch up with him as well. It just hasn't been in the cards, yet....

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

thanks Mike! it was nice meeting you and glad i could help.

once you get it all together we gotta go riding before it gets cold!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Hey Vern-hows it going? If you guys are gonna go soon let me know if you guys want company. Russ is out for the season and will be shopping for a new bike but I'm still riding.

Sam

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Hey Vern-hows it going? If you guys are gonna go soon let me know if you guys want company. Russ is out for the season and will be shopping for a new bike but I'm still riding.

Sam

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Pwhoever we could all get together and get one last run in before it gets cold. I try and ride someplace every Saturday.

FM and I did a Polar Bear Run on New Year Day this past year. Road up to Burlington WI and had lunch. Maybe we can get together for the Second Annual ride if the weater co-operates. This past ride was cold but clear. 17 degree when we left and 34 when we got home.

I'd like to see those rims that you had Powder Coated.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

(sorry duplicate post)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

wingsam41 wrote:

Sam
hey Sam, feel free to call me 773.469.2932

im free on sundays

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Parman wrote:
Pwhoever we could all get together and get one last run in before it gets cold. I try and ride someplace every Saturday.

FM and I did a Polar Bear Run on New Year Day this past year. Road up to Burlington WI and had lunch. Maybe we can get together for the Second Annual ride if the weater co-operates. This past ride was cold but clear. 17 degree when we left and 34 when we got home.

we might be able to do a sunday meet at the full moon cafe in north chicago.

rts41 and 137

maybe next sunday?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I would be able to meet for breakfast but can't really ride much on Sunday. I have church and work as a Youth Group Leader. We don't start until 1 PM though so morning is open until noon.

Saturday would work better for me. I have the entire day free.

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

For me it's easier to work out a Sunday or Monday. But a Sunday breakfast might be a good choice. Normally on Saturday's, I work at 3:30 but would be available late morning to early afternoon. But with a little advanced notice, I might be able to swing taking a Saturday off for a run somewhere. And with the North Moon Cafe, I'll bet we could probably get FM to join us as it is pretty close to him. Maybe even Bob W could join us. Thats another member I haven't quite caught up with but have been meaning to....

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Parman wrote:

Burlington, WI? Why would anyone ever want to ride there LOL
I lived there for about 5 years I think, maybe it was longer LOL

Hey, if you guys up around the Chicago area want to get together and ride some time, give me a yell with a PM. I have a friend in Chicago I want to look up again also.

It's about a 500 mile ride maybe, so something to do for a a few hours, getting there, then I'd be ready to start a ride. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.