·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

do I have to tell my wife that I've seen your rumpus room? ;-)

Looks great, Jen!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Very nice Jen.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Very nice

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Super, Jennifer!

I don't have a basement. Wish I did.... then I'd jackhammer through one wall, dig a 50' cave, shove in corrugated metal tubes, and have myself a 50' indoor, .22 caliber shooting range!

(Would have to do it without Red finding out, however..........!)

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Where were the girls like you back then??

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Nice, my kind of room :action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I'm jealous that is way cool:cool:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Nice digs! It sure is nice to have a place to go in the winter when you have to weather out a snow storm, and want to dream about your next ride. (It would be tempting to video a summer's worth of rides and project them on a wall in the winter.):action:

Sorry about living vicariously in your basement, but we do not have such luxuries in Las Vegas.:shock:

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Hi Jennifer,

Do i understand correctly that this room off yours are under ground ?. If it is from where do you enter the room and how do it ventelate. Sure will love to have a room like that if it is underground.(is it soundproof )

Sorry for all the stupid questions but this forum opened a new world to me.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

In the region of Texas I live in a basement is most commonly known as a underground swimming pool.....:cheeky1:....Water tables too high here for a basement....But just wondering if I could talk my wife into doing a simi wall/ screen in our 24x24 ft patio and turn it into "Claude's Dog House"???? ..Great looking room Jen...Where are the Harley seat bar stools????:cheeky1:.....

Claude......

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

SA Wingrider wrote:
Hi Jennifer,

Do i understand correctly that this room off yours are under ground ?. If it is from where do you enter the room and how do it ventelate. Sure will love to have a room like that if it is underground.(is it soundproof )

Sorry for all the stupid questions but this forum opened a new world to me.
Hey, those aren't stupid questions. ;) I never realized when I posted the pictures that some international members wouldn't understand a basement.

Yes the basement is underground, but the house/upstairs is all one unit and we just go down some stairs to get to it. It does have windows but the whole house is ventilated. My room is very soundproof because the previous owners built it that way. We love our basement room, because it is warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Sometimes there is a good 10 degrees difference in the summer when we go downstairs. So when it's 30 degrees celcius or more, we sleep downstairs in the summer and it's cool and quiet too.

Our houses here are built with basements and I realize not many U.S. members have basements either, but if you could picture a box as your house and you wanted to dig a hole in the ground to put half the box below ground and the other half was above ground. Then that's what a house with a basement in Canada is like.

Hope this answers your questions.

Jen :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Oh by the way, I am sorry some of those pics. are blurry. I was trying to take them in a hurry with dim lights.:(

Did anyone notice the model of the Kawasaki KZ1300 touring bike? It's an interesting story about that model......

-First of all, you can't buy models like that anymore.:cool:

-Also, that particular one was built by a master model builder almost 30 years ago, but he is dead now. :(

-The model was in our shop for almost a year as we put it on Ebay and someone bought it but never paid.

-Some of the pieces were falling off after that time as the glue gets brittle and a couple were missing (a windshield etc.).

- So I said to my boss, I'd like that model for my basement and I'll fix it up. So he gave it to me.:clapper::action:
-The night I brought it home, I told my husband I picked up a "project bike" :D for free.:action: He said "awwww Jen......were are we gonna put it?" Then I showed him it was a model.:cool::D That was a good one I pulled on him.:D

-So I fixed it and re-glued the parts and made a windshield from scratch and now it has a glorious place again to be admired. :clapper::clapper:

I got history with all my basement "ornaments"

Just like the 1999 Harley Davidson Twin cam cylinders on the computer desk. They are brand new and probably cost about $700. But nobody wants them and on Ebay they could sell for $10 and so now they are bookends......:cool: :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.