Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well its kinda funny actually we was trick or treating, i was riding down the street on the riding lawn mower hauling my little pull behind trailer i made for the wing that way when one of the kids or wife or friends pooped out they could sit down for a bit and get pulled around we usually go out for a couple hours and have alot of fun

i was just puttin along low idle, 2nd gear just havin fun lights on i made a 4way flasher set up along time ago so i was safe very visible a cop walks up to me scares the be-jezuz outta me i mean outta no where heres this hand on my shoulder and a 8celled maglight shining right in my eyes god i though i was being abducted or somethin, he says i was operating a vehicle that was not street worthy what the heck????

we usally go to to the inlaws town its a smaller town and everyone knows everyone kinda thing so im gonna go down and contest the ticket 250ish bucks is what he wrote on the ticket in the $$$ area whats the world commin to?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

i put this in the wrong place lol sowwie.... but i did tow the riding lawn mower with the wing to the inlaws does that count lol

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That's red tape gone to the extreme.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

I could maybe see him checking on you to see what you where up to being Halloween, But to write you a safety award sounds more like the fun police are cracking down there. Look on the brightside no impounded tractor and confiscated candy for evidence.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

sometimes people have nothing better to do then make others miserable

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

quick, TP his house and blame it on holloween

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

It was the last day of the month, he still needed to write 2 more tickets to win the toaster oven, after you he only needed 1.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Or maybe you were the last one he needed? :action::action::action::action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger said .........

("You see Bob, I believe in quality much more then quantity. So if you were to go back through all of my posts you will see that every single one is 100% useful and relevant. And has added to the topic at hand.:thumbsup::thumbsup: NO, really!!" ) - - - - - EH ? :?

·
Trike Master
1,248 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
It was the last day of the month, he still needed to write 2 more tickets to win the toaster oven, after you he only needed 1.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Or maybe you were the last one he needed? :action::action::action::action:
Our department never had quotas. I could write as many tickets as I wanted:action:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
imported post

What? A lawn mower is not street legal in Iowa? What do you call ten John Deere tractors lined up at the McDonald's drive thru? Prom Night! Sorry I couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

That's seriously wrong.

When I lived in Lake Elsinore, my nickname for it was "Lawless Lake Elsinore". ATVs, dirtbikes, and other desert-type machines ripped up and down the streets at all times.

I didn't necessarily like it, as they were often operated by youngsters, but I had to accept that it was just part of the culture in that part of Calif.

The Lawn Mower is much more sensible and suited for a night like Halloween. Trouble is you can't really get anywhere with a ticket like that as it's *technically* correct.

Lawyers and courtrooms busy themselves with those that only see in black and white.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

I'm thinkin' ya might have gotten away with it around here in cheese-land...if ya had one of them orange colored triangle sign things hangin' on the back end...its what the farmers do, to get from one field to the next...:?

Iowa has them...about the 3rd page down...

http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/ods/dlmanual/section2.pdf

:readit: :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Go and offer to mow a couple of lawns forfree on that street, and then get the homeowners to sign a letter stating that you were just doing a good deed for them!

LOL

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

More than likely he was stopping to SPOT-CHECK your alcohol content. I'm sure he already had that Toaster-Oven in the bag...:ROFL: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Cops like that gives us all a bad rap. He shoulda said hey, are those four ways standard on this model? Sorry for your misfortune. Maybe take some pics of your set up and explain to the judge the whole trick or treat and all, it may go your way.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

...Maybe take some pics of your set up and explain to the judge the whole trick or treat and all, it may go your way.
I agree.. (but add the slow moving vehicle triangle before the pics)... if I had to dodge one-horse buggies in Indiana, you ought to be able to use the lawnmower... (or maybe you'll have to start a religion to do it)

I suppose technically youdon't have a chance, but I'd probably still show up for court hoping for some leniency..maybe hope for a guilty with suspended sentence or community service(does hauling the kids around count?)

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

The role of the police has changed in today's America.

The days of "Protect and Serve" have passed.
Now the cop's job is to catch you doing something wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

norton wrote:
The role of the police has changed in today's America.

The days of "Protect and Serve" have passed.
Now the cop's job is to catch you doing something wrong.
Remember all those evil lemonade stands that got busted this summer ?
Just flat out a silly waste of time.
Officer might have been having a bad day.

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

Around here lawn tractors go up and down the road quite often, they are treated no different than any other tractor, they are allowed without problem. I don't see the point of the ticket unless he was nailing you for using it as a passenger vehicle. How may hay rides have they busted latley?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.