Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the HP for $199.00 it is almost the same as the Dell Precision that I wanted and it 17.3" and will hold 3 hard drives. Now that's a bad @$$ laptop and I'll upgrade the memory myself as I can get it on Ebay and it's DDR3 and that's common. Thanks for the heads up on that. I prefer larger not smaller screens 14" is the smallest I'll go, I currently use a 15" daily. Do miss my old 17" Toshiba with Vista. Never had an HP laptop, I have all Dell ones.

·
Administrator
58,173 Posts
I used to have a HP 17" laptop, it had Vista on it so that has been a while.
as I recall, it was a pretty good machine.

I don't remember what happened to it anymore, somehow between Mesa, AZ and here in Oologah, OK;
it has disappeared

·
Magic Moderator
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This new one comes with Windows10 and with the fact that it holds 3 hard drives I may put the Linux 19.3 Cinnamon hard drive in the second space and then find the program that was at the Linux site to calm Windows10 down and not be a pita. The red Dell that has been acting wonk does have a serious issue and I am taking the junker that I got from the seller I got the two Dell's from together to make one good one. The red one was caught in the flood in my apartment last year and hasn't been right. The junker Dell has a 2.40 processor with 4RAM and I gave it 8RAM and that thing is faster.
What I just bought will be even faster with a 2.90 Core i7 processor and 4RAM (standard), feeding it 16RAM was another $60.00 and so I passed.

·
Administrator
58,173 Posts
here are some Win10 links that I bookmarked that came from our Mint site.

this you might have Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)
but, you need to make a Recovery Disk immediately first from the System Backup.

if you want to network the Win10 Nothing shows in Nemo - Windows Network - Linux Mint Forums
Networking 19.3 to Windows [SOLVED] - Linux Mint Forums

this link I saved "just in case" linux mint 19.2 cinammon install has me baffled - Linux Mint Forums

·
Magic Moderator
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.
The new laptop is due in on Thursday and to think I now have no more broken ones they all work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts