Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

End of December and I got to go for a ride in Illinois. It rained about 2 1/2" yesterday washeds the salt away. Today sunny and 35. I gotr to ride. Rode 50 miles and it felt great. Bring on spring!!!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

That warm day was only to torture you in knowing that it was your last ride for a long while. We are all going to freeze our butts off for the next 3-4 months.Sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Only the people on east coast to freeze butts off. In the mid west we made a deal with the weather man .. All cold weather going east!!
Seriously hope you get to ride again soon. It was great even if just for 1 day.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I have tomorrow off and I think it might be a great day for a ride

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

My Dad has been in a care home for a few weeks now and I had planned to go see him today. Well,,,,,,,, I stepped out the door and decided to go on the bike. Man did it feel good. And Dad was surprised when I walked in wearing my gear.

The roads were mostly wet and the bike got pretty sloppy dirty. But 80 miles was more then worth giving her a good bath when I returned. I even went as far as to building a fire in the stove so she would dry out nicely. Couldn't put my sweet gal to bed wet and cold ya know;)

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

Went for a short cruise yesterday. Santa left me a bunch of Gerbing goodies so naturally I had to have a test ride. I hooked up the power harness to the battery. Then plugged in the jacket liner (after starting bike) and away I go. In all fairness the temperature was 55 deg and no heat was required but I had to do a demo. I had set the temperature to a bought 3/4 with the dual controller and in a quarter of a mile had to turn it down. I am very pleased with the results.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
imported post

Since we are visiting the area around Claremont, New Hampshire. I dont't have the bike with me, so no riding, but the roads are still pretty nasty even though it warmed up and melted alot away.
Have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Well I about pushed it too far. I rode to work today. Forcast in the mid 40's. Left home around 7 28 degrees. Little frost on the car but ground around yard looked ok. Went about 5 miles and ran into a sign that said road closed. Had to detour. Secondary road and guess what??? FROST!!! all over the road. Slowly got down that then road turned to gravel for about a mile. Got to another road to turn back the direction I was heading more frost. Finally got to the edge of town. Went through and headed south 15 more miles to work. Edge of road was frost again but path down the center was ok. I did have a couple of pucker moments. Bike will not be out for a few days. Forcast tonight low 20's and only 40 tommorrow. Sounds like a major chance for frost again. Hey I did get to ride a couple of days. So that will have to hold me over for another month.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I managed to get out for a ride myself today. Only hit about 42 degrees but it felt real good. Did 85 miles and I got some thumbs-up from from folks in their cages. I bet they were wishing to be me. I met another wing from the other direction and it seemed like he could care less about giving a wave. Oh well,,,, he sure couldn't miss my wave along with the ear-to-ear grin:).

Turning back to cold this week with a light coat of snow. Dang, I wish it would just pile up so I can at least run the sled.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Put 315 miles on the bike today. The forecast high was 60 ... usually this time of year that means 55 at best. And in Northern Arkansas 50 ...

Going through Harrison, it felt a little warm ... so I pushed the info button. It was 65 ... :shock:

Sorry guys ... I just couldn't help it .. :cooldevil:

It was abright sunny day ... but the sun went down too quick.:p

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

I have this week off work so I did go for a ride today, about 44 degrees and windy, rode about 65 miles, did not see any other bikes out but I sure got alot of looks. May try it again tomorrow it's suppose to be alittle cooler but not as windy. Man do I riding this bike.

I got to try a Motocomm that Jluvs2dive sent me and man is it nice, cb,phone,gps,radio and intercom all in one unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.