Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice 2005 Aspen Classic at a great price. It has been very well taken care of and comes with Spare Tire, cooler, A/C, Air Mattress and some camping gear.

Leaving for Florida in a couple of days to pick it up!!

Should make next summers travels a lot easier for me! I can't wait!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Ya , I had to upgrade last summer too ! Really enjoyed sleeping on a nice flat and level bed even when the tent site had a slope to it. Makes for a far better nights sleep with a bad back!
Congrats John good choice.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
Can you survive with that small of sleeping area? That mansion you had in the trailer is going to be hard to live without. I like the Aspen. They are nice little trailers. I'll probably end up with one. If I can find one that is close and for a good price.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Nice find!!!! Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice find John! Might upgrade some day myself. Still new to it all.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drove down to Tampa today to get the trailer and it fantastic, not new, but clean and in great shape shape, tires are like new, paint is a 10 and canvas is good! Tows great with the car. Put up in Busnell for the night. Going to go to Florids National in the morning again to visit my father then heading for home.

Onasingandaprayer, I'll send you a pm, maybe we can meet up for a few minutes. I never realized you were so close.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
TOWS WITH THE CAR! OHHHH NOOOO! And I thought you were a rider John. It'll tow better with the bike bro.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
Where are the pics? We like pics.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TOWS WITH THE CAR! OHHHH NOOOO! And I thought you were a rider John. It'll tow better with the bike bro.
Almost home, we stopped for diner.

It was 41 in Florida when we woke up and that was pretty much the high for the day since the further north I drive the colder it gets. In SC right now it's 30 degrees...... Yup, towing with the car!!! I have ridden in below freezing temps, but don't like it due to black ice. Just not worth the risk

Can't wait till it does warm a bit though and test this trailer out!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Ya know I was just giving you some lovin. And ya'll are welcome back out here anytime bro. Still been pretty nice. Working on an 1800 at the trike shop this week and some next.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya know I was just giving you some lovin. And ya'll are welcome back out here anytime bro. Still been pretty nice. Working on an 1800 at the trike shop this week and some next.
We are home now.

I know what you meant Stu, only had my cell phone to respond, so it never comes out right...... It's all good Bro!

17 degrees outside right now........ And salt is everywhere on the roads. I won't run the bike on salty roads. Even the Aspen, I left outside tonight so I can rinse it off good tomorrow before I bring her in the garage for storage ( Storage = Play time :ssshh:) Winter is digging in to stay here in the south this year.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
John, I want pictures. :lash::lash:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John, I want pictures. :lash::lash:
I had posted a couple in the first post. Its outside right now till I make room in the garage and with in being below freezing, I'd be afraid of stressing the canvas top to much and cracking it while unfolding a frozen tent........ As soon as I get it set up however, I promise, I'll post pics. I'd rather post them of the first camping trip........ But thats a couple months away Im afraid.:sadguy:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
But there's no pis in the first post! ( And no editing allowed )

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
See no pics!

Found a nice 2005 Aspen Classic at a great price. It has been very well taken care of and comes with Spare Tire, cooler, A/C, Air Mattress and some camping gear.

Leaving for Florida in a couple of days to pick it up!!

Should make next summers travels a lot easier for me! I can't wait!

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
John must be getting old. Can't remember if he posted any pictures or not.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmmm..........

They were there when I posted, I even went back in and checked........

I'll try again, but if they don't show up, just search my name in the photo gallery and there are 2 pics there.

:waving:

Nope, tried to posy the pics and nothing.........

I'll try as attachment, as picture posting doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.