Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 161 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
imported post

Wow, I thought it was just me. After installing the Austone and the Battleax, I took it to the shop for a state inspection. We were talking about the new tires and my past experience with Mich Pilots, Dunlop E3, etc. and the mechaniccouldn't believe I thought the Dunlops made a lot of road noise. Then he took it for a ride and realized how quiet the bike is and how these things that no one else could hear became issues. He didn't care for the C/T ride but really did appreceiate the Tulsa windshield and full fairing as it was 40 degrees and overcast. Much better than the Ducati he's usually piloting.

In addition to every little noise from the wing and everything around me, it's the smells that get me awake. Brakes? Clutch? Electrical? Anti-freeze? Me or the next guy? This really perks me for the first few rides in the spring after being trapped in a cage all snow season. Now that I've gone to the darkside, my senses are heightened always thinking this C/T is going to reach thru the seat and change my gender.

BTW, the Battleax seems loud already with about 1000 miles on it. Running 41psi with Progressive springs and Superbrace. Rear is stock shocks at 42PSI and I've tried 35, 40, 45 & 50 psi in the Austone. Haven't seen much difference between them.

161 - 161 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.