Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 82 with a master brake unite that needed a rebuild kit. One was ordered and it dident fit. Seems that in 82 Honda used two type of brake cylenders I have the other one. Can any one tell me what kind and is there a rebuild kit for it? The one ordered for it dident work and was the standard one for it. I haven't been able to ride all summer. I'm the one that put the Duplitech conversion kit on her last summer then the brake problem started. Also its the rear brake front is fine. Thanks ..

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
imported post

Use OEM. The parts will be top quality and fit correctly. And...they will cost you less than the aftermarket kits.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Only 2 years of the GL1100 models have the same brake system, the '80 and '81.

Parts N More list 3 kits for the GL1100. Either the place you bought the kit from sent you the wrong one, which is more likely than you think, or someone swapped out the master cylinder on a previous repair job, not knowing they needed to match the year model. But I have never heard of them changing masters in the middle of a model year.

Does the master cylinder you have have a number molded into it? Sometimes they do that to indicate the bore. I've seen it on wheel cylinders.

If you have access to a micrometer, measure the bore of the master where the piston goes into.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

Some late '82 models had the linked brake system most commonly found on the '83, where the back cylinder operated 2 rotors, I had this problem with the front on my early '82 where the front cylinder operates 2 rotors, there was a difference of 2mm in the bore size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.