Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am falling back in love with my GL1200!!! What a dream to ride. Makes the Valk feel like an overstuffed buffalo lumbering down the road. And so quiet. I forgot how much noise the Valk pipes make. And did I say smooth? My county must have gotten busy and improved all the roads. I never had both up and running at the same time, as I got the Valk in response to the GL1200 blowing a head gasket. I guess it is okay to be in love with two motorcycles, right?

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,528 Posts
imported post

:coollep::coollep::coollep::coollep::coollep::coollep::coollep::coollep:

'nuff said.....

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Yeah it's OK, unlike being in love with two women, bikes won't want to kill each other and you. :D

John

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

So you have the disease too....MBS (Mutli Bike Syndrome). Just hope you don't PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) with MBS. It can be fatal.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
I am falling back in love with my GL1200!!! What a dream to ride. Makes the Valk feel like an overstuffed buffalo lumbering down the road. And so quiet. I forgot how much noise the Valk pipes make. And did I say smooth? My county must have gotten busy and improved all the roads. I never had both up and running at the same time, as I got the Valk in response to the GL1200 blowing a head gasket. I guess it is okay to be in love with two motorcycles, right?
Yes, it is OK to love two at once :thumbsup:.... and while I agree with your asessment of the 1200, I am anxiouslywaiting to see responses to that lumbering overstuffed buffalo line ..... :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I hear you loud and clear. I take my 79 1000 out and wonder why I would ever want to ride that"overstuffed buffalo again" of a 1500
wilf

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,528 Posts
imported post

CrystalPistol wrote:
4evermetric wrote:
Yes, it is OK to love two at once :thumbsup:.... and while I agree with your asessment of the 1200, I am anxiouslywaiting to see responses to that lumbering overstuffed buffalo line ..... :ROFL:
Me too..... :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I rode the BRP this past weekend and all My Goldwing friends had a lot to say about my Valkyrie but calling it a "lumbering overstuffed buffalo" was not mentioned as it easily stayed with the new 1800s in the curves and the straight aways! That being said. When I can no longer hold up this beast of a wonderful machine I could easily go back to a GL1100 or 1200 with ease. They are wonderful machines that handle wonderfully.

Dubs

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Oh, yes, he can!

Don't even try to have three motorcycles.....tried that once, spent all my time "maintainencing!" No time to ride; no fun......

Ever known a guy with a wife and two mistresses? If so, could he handle it? Doubt it! One wife, one mistress -- and you gotta be light on your feet! One wife, two mistresses, no way! No way you're gonna escape that unscathed......

Now poor old 4evermetric..... he's in trouble, sure.... one Gl1200, one Valkyrie, and one MotoGuzzie! Poor dude is probably exhausted..... Tell you what, Marty...I'll help you out...give me the Motoguzzi for awhile....give you a breather!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

If I even mention buying another bike, no matter what it is ..I get "THAT LOOK" and sleep in the spare bedroom for a couple of nights..HEY it's not that bad no fights over pulling the covers, I can get up go to the bathroom without waking her up, Play on my computer till dawn,then be grouchy all day, starting that cycle again...I'm just so glad we don't own any dogs, because the fight might not end well if I tried to take over the dog house...So I'm stuck with my four bikes, three Wings and a Suzuki....Now thats real love!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
I guess it is okay to be in love with two motorcycles, right?
Sure as long as they don't become jealous of each other and start fighting in the garage while you aren't watching.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
imported post

You talk about the Valk like that you will be one bike man again. She will just quit. You should be ashamed to talk to that lovely lady like that. Be proud to own 2 and treat the Valk like the lovely lady she is.
PS if you still think she is an over stuffed buffalo. Bring her to my garage she can stay here with her twin sister.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

I never said she was an overstuffed buffalo. I just said the GL1200 makes her feel like it. But hey, I LIKE overstuffed Buffalos...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I would be happy to add a Valk and put it to the test to see if a Valk, an 1800, a 1000 and an ST1100 get on together in the stable.
:applause::cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
I guess it is okay to be in love with two motorcycles, right?
Happens to me everyday:?:action:

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
I never said she was an overstuffed buffalo. I just said the GL1200 makes her feel like it. But hey, I LIKE overstuffed Buffalos...
That's right ..... and I have considered a Valk as well .... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
old thread but i have accumulated...get this 6 motorcycles. (this does not include my 400ex z50, xr80 nor my wife's nightser lol) I definitely have mbs!:eek:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I also agree with your assessment of the GL1200 Gold Wings.

I'll never give up my '87 Aspencade.

At some point, when the GL1800 just gets too big for my old knees to hold up anymore, I'll be going back to the GL1200.

·
Premium Member
67,749 Posts
Seems like you have the best of both worlds, and they both handle gravel and back roads just fine............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.