Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I rode to Minneapolis yesterday to look at a used red seat. The guy had two of them and made an offer I couldn't refuse. I now have three custom seats, two Hartcos and a Diamond.

It will be interesting to experiment as they are all different sizes. The distance from the nose to the backrest vary from 15" to 18". The widths are different too, as is the foam. The one on the bike is as hard as a Corbin. I plan to put some miles on each, then decide which to keep. The other red one will be sold later. I'll be listing the brown one here in a few days.

I

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

This demonstrates what I always say about judging the manufacturer by sitting on a second hand seat. These were obviously made for different sized individuals.

The brown one is the softest of the three, but it is also the smallest.

The guy I got the red ones from said he got his bike with the smaller red seat. He didn't care for it and bought the wide one on ebay. He discovered it was so big he could not reach the ground when seated. That doesn't bother me with a sidecar. I'm guessing the wide one is the one I will keep, but I won't decide until I put on some miles.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

Wish I were close enough to test each on my bike after you get through.

I still have the OEM seat which is "pretty good" for me, but about 2 inches too far forward for my liking.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Just got back from a short test ride with the Diamond seat. I may never get to test the other red one. I can barely touch the ground with my toes. I feel like I'm sitting about 6 inches higher on this seat. I like it. It is as hard as any Corbin I've ever sat on. That usually makes for a nice long distance ride.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

If'n I would have known you were coming to Minneapolis, I would have offered to meet up for a coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

MNSNOWMAN wrote:
If'n I would have known you were coming to Minneapolis, I would have offered to meet up for a coffee.
Maybe next time. It was a busy day. First to Prescott for a sheathing stapler, then Apple Valley for the seats, then over to Montgomery for lunch, the gun shop in Morristown, Red Wing, and home. I put on 330 miles in just under 7 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.