Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 GL1500 Aspy 1980 GL1100 STD
863 Posts
Sounds like a failing Bank Angle Sensor. It can be bypassed for testing to see if bike still quits on bumps, but I recommend replacement if bypassing it solves the problem.

Disconnect the BAS (remove seat, BAS is under trunk) and jumper the green wire to the red/white in the BAS connector to bypass it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You can Delete/Remove the BAS, by By-passing it... I do this on all my bikes

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
It certainly sounds like the bank angle sensor, That problem was supposedly fixed by 1993 though. The fluid would leak out of sensing unit allowing pendulum inside to swing freely. Kind of like the tilt feature on old pinball machines. Dealers were replacing sensors that failed up to that point. Do the bypass tests to be sure that is the problem. Be a first for me to hear of that failure on a bike newer than 1994..
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It certainly sounds like the bank angle sensor, That problem was supposedly fixed by 1993 though. The fluid would leak out of sensing unit allowing pendulum inside to swing freely. Kind of like the tilt feature on old pinball machines. Dealers were replacing sensors that failed up to that point. Do the bypass tests to be sure that is the problem. Be a first for me to hear of that failure on a bike newer than 1994..
gumbyred
Jumped the red/white wire to green and that was the problem. It fixed it. Ordered a new angle sensor

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gumbyred
I checked it and jumped it out. Just ordered one. Thank you

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gumbyred
Jumped it out. That definitely was the problem. Just ordered a replacement. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts