Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Cool. I had an 82 Interstate I bought in Nov 2009. It didn't run, but over the next couple months I got it running right after quadruple bypass surgery. I couldn't do much for awhile, but by May of 2010 I was riding it. It was a great bike. I rode it until I wrecked it in 2017. I sold it to another person on this site, and he was riding it a couple weeks later. The 82 is a good riding bike.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
goldwing

It didn't run, but over the next couple months I got it running right after quadruple bypass surgery.
Hey LarryC,

I'm not picking on you, but I had to laugh about this sentence. I know what you meant but it struck me as funny that you performed quadruple bypass surgery on your bike.

Again no offense is intended. It gave me a good laugh. Glad to hear your recovery went well.

Rayjoe

Reactions: bobalou

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
got the starter in. kinda poped right off??

wow guess what? bike started on fire.

sorry did not get a picture, was kinda freeking

out. oh looks like a carb is leeking gas.

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
Did you get it put out without any major damage? Probably have spark jumping somewhere.

·
Average Goldwing Rider
1,083 Posts
got the starter in. kinda poped right off??

wow guess what? bike started on fire.

sorry did not get a picture, was kinda freeking

out. oh looks like a carb is leeking gas.
Dang, be careful. Nice to see the starter is working. Time to pull the carb rack out. What is the condition of the gas tank?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

hi again. been doing lots or reading. carbs out and working on cleaning em up.
used aircraft stripper to soak jets ect. in worked great. gas was leaking from carb
#2 drain screw, head was broke off no o-ring.

question other than randakks carb kit. what kit would you suggest for ME. i plan
on reusing the brass parts and leaving carbs attached to plentum. kinda just a o-ring kit???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

question other than randakks carb kit. what kit would you suggest for ME. i plan
on reusing the brass parts and leaving carbs attached to plentum. kinda just a o-ring kit???

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
If you can get away with leaving then together then just buy the OEM Honda parts.

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
where are my older pictures?? was going to make a journal. and keep a rolling $ and picture journal..
Were you using a hosting service, like photobucket? If so they won't stay. You can go to the gallery at the top and put your photos there.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
where are my older pictures?? was going to make a journal. and keep a rolling $ and picture journal..

It would be MUCH safer for you to upload your pictures to your own personal Album in the Gallery

You can create Album Folders and store up to 80 pictures per album.

that way, they will stay on this forum's server and never get lost.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,902 Posts
Paid $1300 for my 81. Had it for right about ten years. The last three it didn't run. I invested somewhere around $8000 in keeping it running. I got $75 for it when I got rid of it. I went through four complete parts bikes and god only knows how many other outsourced parts. It had Dodge parts, Ford parts, Nissan parts even a couple Yamaha and Harley parts on it. There were one of a kind custom fabricated parts, a hand sewn leather seat and a custom paint job.

It was just shy of 63K when I bought it. Was just over 189K when I tried racing a Triumph ST. I short shifted out of first gear wound up in neutral. Ran it right up to about 12k rpm for about two seconds. Was enough to blow a couple valve seals and spin at least one bearing. Brought it home and put it away for a few months. When I got around to tinkering with it I found the motor seized. It sat a little over two more years and I scrapped to a local bike salvage.

I put WAY to much money into that bike. But I loved it. Now, I haven't ridden in almost five years. Part of me wishes I'd spent a few hundred bucks and put another motor in it. But mostly I'm glad it's gone at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Just bought a 79 naked Wing, 31K miles, $1200.
Ran, but a bit rough.
4 new iridium plugs and a number of heat cycles with Seafoamed fuel, the one leaking carb doesnt anymore. No tag quite yet, but am making full throttle 1st gear passes in my business park.

Had a new rear tire, needed a new front since it was shot and had a date code of February 1979...
Had to grease the caliper pins on the front brakes, flush all the hydraulics, recover the seat.

Gems are out there!

·
Administrator
25,749 Posts
Man you couldn't give me a four cylinder wing these days. Just to hard to find parts.
Unless it's internal engine parts I have never had any problem finding parts.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
why is it you miss what you had after you send it down the road?
250. is a great deal!! Took me almost two yrs to get mine to live the first time. went down again over the last few yrs but as of yesterday lives again!! Have had no problems with parts or willing people to help me. It has taught me patience, persistance, and led me to some of the best people!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts