Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i finnaly go my radio fixed and now i have no digital display on my dash for the radio any ideas... THANKS

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I had a similar problem in my 96 Aspy this last June... I left Del Rio, TX in the early AM headed west to Sanderson, Texas along US90 and noticed that my LCD display was dead. Nuttin at all! Everything was working okay... the bike was performing well... but the display was completely kaput! Blank! The temps that day were 100+. This was a concern for me but there wasn't anything I could do about it at the moment. Awhile later I pulled off, gassed the bike and bought a cup of coffee. The winger cooled and when I restarted the display was back... but everything had been reset to zero. The time... the radio... everything. I attributed it to the excessive heat and reset the clock and all the controls later... but man, it was weird. It hasn't happened since.

Did you park you bike in some heavy sunlight on a hot day. I can't imagine the heat being that much of an issue in Tennessee...

The only other thing that was a bit out of the ordinary that day was... I had a 2 gig mp3 player plugged into the input mod on the radio. That didn't seem to work too well as a whole... the radio didn't seem to like that 2 gig Sony. I eventually moved back to my 1 gig Sandisk and didn't have anymore problems.

Other than that... I have no clue... things are working okay now though.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks us385south but it has not been out in the sun and the clock is still working but no radio display.. but thanks for the response

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Have you ever opened up the shelter cover? You might want to check the connections on the radio plugs... if I can remember there are three. Power, input/output and control... and the antenna...

Disconnect the battery to reset everything... pull the shelter cover. Make sure everything is clean and connected securely... especially that main socket-set and reconnect the battery. That could reset everything for you!

·
Best looking member
3,110 Posts
imported post

Allot of the 1500s displays were a little dodgy. (see what being married to an English woman will do to your vocabulary) I heard in an attempt for Honda to save money they did not seal the IC board. On my 1500 when it gets humid the display will appear and disappear when ever it feels like it, and sometimes the clock will move 6 min for every 1 min of time. I think there is a work around but am not sure what it is.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

If you still have the clock display, probably is bad connection between the and LCD unit. May be loose connection or wire broken someway.

Probably you would like to check the continuity of the cables from the 6 pins white connector under the radio. Check pins no. 20, 21 & 23.

The other end of the connector is to the 14pins black connector at the LCD panel.

I'd a similar problem with my GL1800, and I found 1 of the wire without continuity, probably broken someway.I ran another cable to replace the broken one, the display is normal now.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.