Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Kuryaykn arm rests on my 1800. Yesterday I was coming home and have to ride a mile of rough gravel road. I saw something shiny fly off the bike on the left side. I stopped the bike (from 15 mph) and saw the left armrest mounting bracket had broken and the arm rest fell off.

Called the dealer and he said I had to call Kuryaykn direct to get the part. I did and they said I had to buy the complete left side assembly. I asked if they could come up with the piece since it is an easy repair.

NO LUCK! :wtf::lash: :sadguy:

I guess they do not want to stock parts for their stuff they get from China. Probably more money made making people have to pay $154 instead maybe $35 for the bracket. I think I just might be buying my last Kuryaykn accessory to replace the missing armrest.

Wake up Kuryaykn!

·
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe they do. I just got a call from Kuryaykn about warranting this armrest. Just have to fax the invoice to them which my dealer is going to do.

A little different story from yesterday. However I still think they should sell individual parts for it.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I think it's nice you just want to "Buy" the part that broke on a set of Armrest that should be built to last more than a few months.

I guess the ending and points of contact would have been different had your wife been sitting on the back and fell off when they broke. Luckily that did not happen!

·
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the ending and points of contact would have been different had your wife been sitting on the back and fell off when they broke. Luckily that did not happen!

AMEN! The door to He" would have been 100 miles behind me if that had happened..... :ROFL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.