Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know... it is probably not the flashiest of tours and I am sure the return trip through the Rockies would be spectacular...

But I just have this part of me that wants to plug in the iPOD, call up a Walt Wilkins play list and hit US 281 headed north... and just keep on going... and going... and going all the way to the International Peace Garden at the Canadian border.

I'm doing it again... using my computer at work to figure mileages...

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Just remember, no pictures, and it didn't happen.:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

If you're talking this year, better get on it! Denver's calling for a foot of snow......

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Dreamin ain't gonna get it done, boy!

Get on either ofyour motorsickles an ride!

Try US 89, or93 for the return route, if'n you is lookin for geological intrests and sights to see.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

What I want to know is....
do you eat the middle first or do you eat the whole cookie while it's still together? :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

FYI:

It turns into10 at the canadian border so you could go a bit further north.:shock:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Daryl Martel wrote:
I'll save you the trouble of crossing the border at the north end. Pretty exciting motorcycle country I tell you!
Looks like heaven to me...

I like lots of sky... horizon to horizon... open... empty... the more God-for-saken the better I like it. These are the roads I choose... open, empty, lonely... lots of parking spaces...

There is a lot of heartland out there between here and the Canadian border...

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Do it and have memories, or dont and keep looking at it on the computer and say man i wish i had done that.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
632 Posts
imported post

You are going to spend the entire trip in the Great Plains....?

On purpose....? :?

Uhhh....no thanks..

Too much flat out there for me....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

@Jluvs2dive: Eat it all. Wipe your chin afterwards.

@judd: Nice saddlebag ornament. I salute you!

Saaa-lute!

Snow??? Not for me... I am already planning summer 2012.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Once you take 281 up to Canada, turn left and take US83 all the way back South to Brownsville and make a super long loop back...

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Man,

I am envious of you already if you are planning that trip!!! :claps::raspberry::raspberry:

I have been through all of those states quite a bit except for South Dakota. Unfortunatly for me, this next summer is not looking like a lot of long distance riding will get done.
:sadguy:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
@Jluvs2dive: Eat it all. Wipe your chin afterwards.
Yeah I'm a whole cookie eater too. Both flavors together are better I think. :cheesygrin:

Looks like an interesting trip to me btw. A lot to be said for time out on mostly deserted roads just enjoying your machine and the beauty that's even in the flatlands.:action:

John

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

You could continue up #10 when you get to Canada and ride it to Swan River which is the start of highway 83. That way you can claim to have ridden both highways all the way from end to end. I have been down 83 as far as Kansas and have thought many times about going all the way to the coast.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

Last year we did US 83 Border to Border. Had fun doing it and met so great folks. We did it towards the end of September and ran into some really cold weather.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.