Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A couple days ago, I was heading home from some business riding in town and saw a bike coming up from behind me.

As we went thru the first couple traffic lights he would stay one bike length behind me in the same lane, but to my right.

Finally we got to a light and the lanes opened up so he could pull up next to me in the center lane.

I think it looked like a smaller crotch rocket, maybe a 250. Not one of the monsters they have on the road now. He had one of those replacement can mufflers that made it sound really loud and whiny.

Well of course he had to take off like a cat with turpentine put on his butt.

Well he realized really fast that a big ole monster Goldwing that's 1200 CC's can easily keep up with a 250. :baffled: Some people just have a hard time doing math.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

its true, a lot of people think big old tourers, maybe good for 80 max, not the case

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I thought cc's had meaning till I ran with a Honda 600 that red lined at 18,000 rpm :shock:

The thought ofa 250 cc motor that can turn 100,000 rpm may be closer than you think :baffled:

·
Premium Member
63,018 Posts
imported post

It's more fun when you blow off a Harley with their loud pipes and chrome........

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

I'll never forget when I was about 15 or 16. My best friend said "No bike over 750 cc's can do a wheelie. They're too heavy." Of course, he had no clue. He didn't even have a bike. Just a fond memory.......

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
I'll never forget when I was about 15 or 16. My best friend said "No bike over 750 cc's can do a wheelie. They're too heavy." Of course, he had no clue. He didn't even have a bike. Just a fond memory.......
Kinda' like people who tell me that full-dressed Goldwings can't do wheelies.

I just smile and nod...because the clutch is about half shot on mine so I can no longer demonstrate how wrong they are. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

All the turpentined butt cats I've seen run in circles.

250 verses 1200!
I hope you pulled him.

Bet you couldn't smack my stock 600rr even with a head start.

·
Premium Member
93 Honda Aspencade, 112,000 + miles
162 Posts
imported post

UBarW, now be nice to that kid, sometimes it hard for young kids. His Father took him to school every day, he was in the 4th grade.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
It's more fun when you blow off a Harley with their loud pipes and chrome........
Yes in deed! I did just that back in Sept after a trip to Wally world for my wife one Sunday afternoon!

Two guys pulled up behind me in the left turn lane, both on HDs, and proceeded to "gun" the motors at the light.
After the light turned green and we made the turn, they downshifted and started around me, full blast!
:stumped:

So....I downshifted into second gear, grabbed a handfull of throttle and hung on!:cool:
Went by them like they were sitting still and they made no more effort to pass me!:action:

Yup....these big behemoths can fly when needed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.