Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody know what I'm gonna get????

The dealer swears that all of the 2010's are already built from the Ohio plant with no changes from the '09's other than colorsand will be very limited in numbers. I get my choice of color or special edition (35th anniversary) if offered. Smokin' deal at $1000 off invoice + 8.16% tax should work out to about $25,500 OTD. Says they'll be available around August 15. I can cancel the deal & get my deposit back if I wish as long as they haven't actually ordered the bike.

I bought the first '75 Wing that was available in my hometown back in the day & figured that I might as well try one of the newest ones. The guy I soldmy '75to still rides it to this day with 130,000-odd miles on it! I have two Harleys and would like to have something that I don't have to work on all the time! I'll be retiring in five years and plan to travel onthe Wing.

Also, any advice/info/horror stories/whateverregarding mounting the factory CD changer and CB would be greatly appreciated.

Whadaya think?

Y'all ride safe,

John

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Hope you enjoy your new Wing, I am a little jealous though as the 1800 Wing ion England Is only £21,451.00. That’s 34,897.77 USD (ouch), buy two and send me one (LOL)

Happy riding

Where are my mannerswelcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Im glad the goldwing is comming with the airbagm for a minute there I thought you were just buying the airbag.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

When you say "air bag" you are talking about a safety device right? Cause I always considered my ex an "air bag" along with some other things.:D:cheeky1::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all for the responses and the warm welcome! And yes, the airbag comes with the scooter attached.
Ride safe,
John

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Do you know what colors are available for the 2010 model?

DeDub :18white:

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
imported post

I would seriously consider forgoing the CD in favor of an MP3 player. EC makes an Ipod adapter that lets you use the CD controls to control your Ipod, which you can mount in the trunk. EC Ipod page Just rip your existing CDs to MP3 and go.

The Honda CD changer has been known to fail a bit often.

You will love the 1800!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Congrats!

You can save some bucks on the CD changer. There is a aux jack, in the left pocket, that an i-pod can be plugged into. This also frees up the CD compartment for extra storage. The CD changer holds 6 CDs. An i-pod can hold your entire collection.

There has been talk about not being able the to get CDs out of the changer. I lost 6 CDs when my 03 was totaled. The changer did not appear to be damaged, but would not eject.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I thought you were getting married

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Bob W wrote:
I thought you were getting married
Naw, we're just gonna live together. That way I don't have to buy her a house when I trade her in on a newer, racier model!!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

DeDubya wrote:
Do you know what colors are available for the 2010 model?

DeDub :18white:
Not yet. Thats my option when they're available. I'm hopin' fer white though.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure I will see it cause you live in Boulder and won't be able to resist Coal Creek Canyon....Where I reside. I've seen a few hundred enthusiasts who cant resist my road.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I agree with the other suggestions to go with an Ipod or XM/Sirius radio or both. The CD changer sticks up in the middle of the trunk and affects your storage space. I'm not sure you can even put a helmet in the trunk once its installed.

I installed a CB myself. It's a lengthly job due to having to remove the entire top shelter, but just plug and play, except for drilling the holes for the antenna and wiring harness.

When I bought my factory CB & antenna, this dealer sold it on ebay at buy it now for 739. You might be able to find to find it cheaper now as they have been going down, but at the time, he was by far the cheapest I could find.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ken6191a_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

The CB range is pretty weak.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Bagzzz wrote:
I'm pretty sure I will see it cause you live in Boulder and won't be able to resist Coal Creek Canyon....Where I reside. I've seen a few hundred enthusiasts who cant resist my road.
Yeah, I love that road. I've ridden it many times on my hogs, both going up to the Peak to Peak and coming back down. Beautiful. Colorado can't be beat (IMHO)!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

pidjones wrote:
I would seriously consider forgoing the CD in favor of an MP3 player. EC makes an Ipod adapter that lets you use the CD controls to control your Ipod, which you can mount in the trunk. EC Ipod page Just rip your existing CDs to MP3 and go.

The Honda CD changer has been known to fail a bit often.

You will love the 1800!
Actually, I just heard a rumor that the 2010's may come with something similar to that instead of the CD player option. If not, I'll go with one of the EC units that you suggested.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

pidjones wrote:
.... EC makes an Ipod adapter that lets you use the CD controls to control your Ipod, which you can mount in the trunk. EC Ipod page .....

This is a great tip - thanks for the info. I have been mounting my Ipod on the handlebars but the great roads in Cal cause it to have disk problems. Probably better off in the trunk, gets charged, and don't have to remove it at stops.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.