Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm riding on the superslab, cruise set at 65 or so just enjoying the ride, feet up on the cruise boards, music on, tired from the end of a nice day riding the twisties when a big SUV slowly makes its way up next to me and then matches my speed. I glance over just in time to see the rear window roll down and there, in his little car seat, is a little boy waving at me. I always give them a nice hearty wave back and then the window goes up and the car carries on up the road. :)Thats good stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Had a cyclist stop at traffic lights on Saturday, shouted across "lovely bike mate" and gave us the thumbs up, I waved and thanked him for the compliment as I always do..... often!!!!

If I see someone on or in something that looks a bit special I do the same, so they get to feel the same as I do every time I hear them drooling over the Wing.:)

had pictures taken lots of times too, by kids passing by, using their camera phones. I make sure my flip front helmet is down when they do, don't want my ugly mug spoiling the otherwise perfect shot!!!!!:cheeky1:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Kids waving and smiling just warms my heart. I love it.

A few months back I was headed home after a ride and was aproaching a pedestrian overpass. On the overpass were several adults holding election campaign signs, but there were also two young boys, waving at all the vehicles below. I saw them and kicked on cruise control and gave them an enthusiastic 2 hand wave high above my head. They started jumping up and down and laughing and screaming. Made my day too. :)

John

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yup, puts a smile on ones face. :grinner:

Like the time Nomados and I 1st met up. We went for a cruise down to Lake Chelan to meet up with Cousin Jack, Red and a couple of CJ's ridin Buddies Thumper Fred and Beemer John.

We were standing around the bikes talking,when 3 gals about 10 years my senior, there for some kind of a convention,all wanted their pictures taken with me and mybike.

Put a big smile on all our faces. :coollep:

Dusty

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Yep........... thats good fun. May times I see kids in the back seat with their noses against the window eyeballin' me. You can only imagine what runs thru their heads. I always give them a smile and friendly wave. Some seem to be delighted that someone recognizes them for a change.

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

That's pretty cool. Has happened to me a few times. Ever since I got the wing last summer the compliments just come pouring out of perfect strangers. Kinda neat.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

SilverfoxWrote :
Yeah... you should hear Helen the Viking laugh every time that happens to me. :cheeky1::cheeky1:
:cooldevil:..........Now I wonder if that DARK TINTED FLIPFACE was down?:baffled::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

SA Wingrider wrote:
SilverfoxWrote :
Yeah... you should hear Helen the Viking laugh every time that happens to me. :cheeky1::cheeky1:
:cooldevil:..........Now I wonder if that DARK TINTED FLIPFACE was down?:baffled::cheeky1::cheeky1:
I would be grateful for having the helmet on, if it did ever happen and Helen the Viking were on the back!!!:shock:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

my favorite, i was working for a small trucking company back in '85. we had just received new trucks and boy were they nice. i pullup behind a car at a stop light and all of a sudden a little kid stands on the back seat facing me, hes yanking his little arm down trying to get me to blow the air horn. i smile athim and recah up for the cord but its not there. i look around cause i can't find itso i honk the car horn. well that didn't please the little guy and he gave me the one finger salute:D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That poor kid is probably growing up with education and social problems now, due to you not being able to give him the toot he wanted. :(

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I think the Goldwing catches everyones attention.

They are good looking bikes, but also I think it's the size many times.

I notice people at lights, on the road and even walking in parking lots that will turn their heads to look at Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Yea a couple of weeks back I was moving stuff around in the garage and had the wing in the dirveway. A couple in a SUV cam into the culdesac and were turning around, saw me and the wing in the driveway and just smiled and waved, he was just dreaming.:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Haha, if you think the Goldwing catches everyones attention, try riding a Ducati!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Haha, if you think the Goldwing catches everyones attention, try riding a Ducati!
Our local Ducati shop got someone's attention, they got closed down instantly for issuing dodgey test certificates.:shock:

I must admit that when they are actually running they sound great, shame about the terrible reliability issues though.:(

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:action:It seems that it is largely children that are all enthusiastically waving.:waving: Many times a person with a child will come over just to peer at it while I'm stopped somewhere and says how there child wanted to see it, but then it is the parents that start asking all the questions.:clapper: So why do the parents need an excuse??:baffled: Not to say I don't get a lot of older people as well seeking information and just wanting to take a picture. Heck one time I stopped at arest stop only to have a tour bus stop at the same time, and I'm be darned if I didn't end up there for the next hour letting tourists sit on it getting their pictures, - it was so cool. :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Not sure about dodgey test certificates, that must be a UK issue and why in the heck would anyone in the UK be riding a Ducati when all those much more reliable Triumphs, BSAs and Vincents are around? I think it's a combination of the ambient moisture and the Italians paying you guys back for all that past bad press.

Our one real local Ducati shop has received awards for both customer and community service. We have two other "Ducati shops" but they're also a Japanese/Suzuki and a German/BMW dealerships and aren't as into the fine arts. Out of the forty or so local Duck riders I know there doesn't seem to be any shamefully terrible reliability issues either other than clutch which is a rider thing. Ducks do demand a bit more attention than the average gas it and ride but the rewards are tenfold, after all how many fat guys on a Wing can turn a bunch of school girls all mushy?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
after all how many fat guys on a Wing can turn a bunch of school girls all mushy?
I am slim and do it... does that count!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Slim Silver Fox, you are an exception! Around here the average Winger and passenger usually bust 600lbs (43 stones to you), mush on

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.