Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So many good roads run alongside rivers..... I spent my boyhood 300 meters from the confluence of the Snake and Columbia River, storied streams that willmurmurand whisper forever in my soul......

Red and I --in a hurry this time -- leave next Thursday for Tennessee. We will do the Oregon Trail in reverse, tracing the old route that some of our ancestors took a century and a half ago -- and the rivers we willroll alongside or cross over causes joy to flood my soul, like sweet mountain water over smooth mountain rocks: the Columbia, the Snake, The Green, The North and South Platte, The Missouri, The Mississippi, The Tennessee....

I love rivers. River water runs in my blood. Sometimes I think I am the most fortunate of men to be able to commune with such rivers, their very namesare rich and vibrant with history. So many have traveled upon or alongside them.....days now, just a few days.....

“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.”

Norman Maclean

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

"RIVER OF DREAMS" BILLY JOEL......:cooldj:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Amen to that CJ, one of my favorite short rides here is along the Siuslaw River. The route takes me along 20 miles of the river, a guy sees no other vehicles along the way, and you can roll along at a leisurely pace letting the sun and shade flicker on your face...

ahhhh.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

One of these days CJ, I'm going to catch up with you for a ride! :grinner:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

They will be in Knoxville around the 17th! I hope to ride with them a little. We definately can ride a few river roads, visit the Veteran's monument on 25. Ride the Rattlesnake to the BRP. So many possibilities for our silver tongued Cousin!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

From Townsend over towards Gatlinburg takes you along a beautiful mountain river too.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Andrew, You are absolutely right. From Cades Cove to Gatlinburg is a beautiful road that follows the river. You can cross Mount LaConte to Cherokee and get on the BRP from there too! Excellent idea!:action:

Bernie

·
Administrator
27,139 Posts
imported post

Here's a river road that's pretty nice. Arkansas hwy 215 along Mulberry river in NW Ar.
I only had my phone to take pictures with and couldn't get a very wide view.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.