Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it to campground yesterday afternoon and took my time getting setup. I'm still new to this whole toyhauler camping thing...

Turns out my site came with a little bonus. Right behind the pad, it's built up a bit so when I dropped the ramp, it ends up with a much smaller angle then what U had to deal with back north. This made it an absolute breeze to offload the trike.

Then we had a little bit of excitement. About a half mile away from my campsite, there is a power station at the base if the dam. During one of the storms that rolled through, a lightning strike must have hit one of the transformers. There was a pretty loud explosion along with a fire afterwards. Power was then out at the campground until sometime this a.m. Luckily it had cooled off so it wasn't as hot sleeping in trailer as it was Saturday parked for the night in the Jefferson City Walmart lot...

Looking forward to catching up with everybody soon!

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
685 Posts
Never mind the fire, send pics of the toy hauler! :D

·
Just one of the guys
4,825 Posts
We got here just a little bit ago, site 22, Motorhome and a white Ford Ranger.

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never mind the fire, send pics of the toy hauler! :D
It's not the fanciest choice but will get the job done. It's a 2021 25 ft Wildwood FSX 190RT. It has 204" of cargo space. It also has 9 different D-ring tie-down that are supposed to be good for 1500lbs each. The first 124" is also 70" wide. The next 80" is 54" wide. My CSC trike fits nicely inside. It has two couches that double as beds on the one wall that fold up when trike is loaded. It has a RV queen size bed in front. I'm pretty happy with it so far...
20210607_152415.jpg
20210607_152641.jpg

It also has a ramp door that comes with rails and full magnetic screen with zipper in middle to use as a patio but between the heat and the rain, I'm just keeping it closed for now...

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got here just a little bit ago, site 22, Motorhome and a white Ford Ranger.
Glad you made it safe. Maybe I'll swing by later. I did stop in at the resort and visited a bit with those that got here early. So a Motorhome and Ford Ranger??? I thought you had a big old F350 diesel and a 5th wheel when you came to Galena.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
685 Posts
Slick! I like the fireplace. :D

Reactions: Pwhoever
1 - 7 of 7 Posts