Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I decided to ride my wing to work tonight:action:Hey its 40* when I left, but I foregot about my commute along the ohio river:Dwasn't to bad. The morning should be entertaining with the wind chill of 24* or so. Hey Thats what I bought the wing for is to ride isn't it :cool:My wing is my perfect stress reducer, that is the reason I bought it and fell in love with it:action:

Tomorrow It gets tore down for the final time in prep for the riding season, Just got my new E3's in (190.98 for front and back:)) so I will be doing the wheel bearing and brakes and replacing the valve stems and working on the muffler some more and the regular stuff. Due to my swing shift work schedule it will take me about 1 1/2 -2 weeks to get er done :)

Well Ride Safe,

Ray:action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

What ever it takes to get to Montrose Ray, I think Barb & Tracey had some more plans:cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

The guys I work with and ride with look at me when I pull up on a 35* morning and say you are crazy. I look at them and say Hey I get to ride my bike today. Did you? Like u said, that's what I got the wing for... To ride:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Just got my new E3's in (190.98 for front and back:))
Nice deal. Was it local or internet? I am pricing E3's also and best deal I can get is from someone I know at a cycle shop discounting them for me ( $225.40 for the pair + tax and time to go pick them up). Online, best I could find was $260.19 shipped.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,156 Posts
imported post

Hi Ray,

Glad you got to get a ride in. This winter has been somewhat problematic on a lot of folks being able to sneak in a ride.

Everyday here is a ride day, that is, if you have a bike to ride on :X

Some days are just nicer than others. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

JimInMichigan wrote:
RayandTracy wrote:
Just got my new E3's in (190.98 for front and back:))
Nice deal. Was it local or internet? I am pricing E3's also and best deal I can get is from someone I know at a cycle shop discounting them for me ( $225.40 for the pair + tax and time to go pick them up). Online, best I could find was $260.19 shipped.
I bought my E3's from motorcyclesuperstore online they gave me $20.oo discount for first time customer, They told me That they gave me the dicount becouse they want me to return shop with them again in the future :) They where the best deal out there for me and free shipping:action:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Hi Ray,

Glad you got to get a ride in. This winter has been somewhat problematic on a lot of folks being able to sneak in a ride.

Everyday here is a ride day, that is, if you have a bike to ride on :X

Some days are just nicer than others. ;)
John ask me how my ride home was in about 5 hours :Dshould be nice and chilly:action:

Thats fine though. I just remmebered I was gonna go detecting this morning after work but my wife has the SUV with my treasure hunting equipment in it :( dang guess I'll go tomorrow morning instead:)

We will ride togather John as soon as you are ready :)

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

My wife thinks I'm a little off myself, rode into work this morning at 29 degrees. But I'm looking at 56 by the time I head back home, that's what keeps me going.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Nothing like temps in the mid 20s to bring a ride to life! Way to go! Ride your heart out!

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Don't worry if your wife sometimes thinks you're nuts......

It usually means-- at least sometimes -- that you're doing something right!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

I rode my wing in this morning at 12 degrees. Hey 40 degrees is a cake walk ride! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Rode in he other day at 46, that's cold for south Texas...... People think I'm nuts, the crotch rockets and harley boys wern't even out, had the road to myself.......... That big windsheild on the bike makes a difference. I'd ride when colder but my hands turn into popsicles......... It was 62 on the way in this morning and I got hot!!!!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

duffytclown wrote:
I rode my wing in this morning at 12 degrees. Hey 40 degrees is a cake walk ride! ;)
Did you deice your wing? thats a little no thats alot to cold for me.:action:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Last week I took advantage of a warm evening, it was 50. the ride home the next morning from work was 17 degrees. I agree with duffytclown come on Ray it's time for you to join the polar wing club. hey that's an idea ain't it!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
Last week I took advantage of a warm evening, it was 50. the ride home the next morning from work was 17 degrees. I agree with duffytclown come on Ray it's time for you to join the polar wing club. hey that's an idea ain't it!
:cheeky1::cheeky1:it was a brisk 20* this morning on my way home and I loved it every single bit.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Don't feel bad, it ws in the 40's here as well and I was out there. Did about 100 miles.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I've been riding all winter here in Oklahoma City, we've had several days below 32 and I think my record is 18. The wing offers great protection from most of the wind and I will give this advice: Layers layers layers. The only heated gear I have is my gloves and they have been a life saver.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
You are NUTS but Tracy is not.... :D
Tracy saw this and said your a smart one...I said......yes dear:D

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

No wing deice needed. Took it out of the garage and then got stuck to it like glue. :D:D Of course, my hands were numb by the time I got to work, but the ride home wasn't as bad.

Oh yea, I also ordered the handlebar covers to keep my hands inside of from now on.

How's the song go...."Let's ride, ride, ride, get it on!"

:clapper:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.